CNET Editors' review
Med-e-Forms specializes in PDF-based document solutions for health care providers, but it also offers a range of free Excel workbooks, including Free Excel Contact Appointment Scheduler. This free spreadsheet template for Microsoft Excel automatically schedules appointments based on your contacts list and office hours. It keeps track of contact data, referrals, and the date, time, and length of appointments. It's optimized for physicians or health care providers in small, private practices, but lots of businesses can use it, too, and even customize it to their own needs.
Opening this workbook in Excel didn't exactly dazzle us--more like daze--but that's not the workbook's fault so much as it is the nature of using Excel's cell-based structure to record the data. Once you develop an eye for scanning Excel's cells for the data they contain, it not only makes perfect sense but is extremely efficient, which may be why the business world relies upon it. But this workbook isn't exactly a thing of beauty, even as Excel templates go. It opened with an Instructions sheet that described how to configure the Contacts sheet. Moving to the Contacts sheet, we saw several familiar names like "Fudd, Elmer" provided as examples of contacts and referrals. The data extends through four quarterly Schedule sheets, and the template tracks appointments by the minute. The instructions describe which fields are fixed and which can be customized, and of course the usual Excel features apply. We started by naming and saving our schedule and customizing it with our personal data. With templates that offer sample entries, you need to make sure that you remove or change any sample data that doesn't apply to your schedule or, worse, your billing. We entered and changed data as needed, and the template automatically updated the appropriate cells.
Of course, Free Excel Contact Appointment Scheduler won't call or e-mail your patients or clients; for that, you'll probably still need a patient, pleasant receptionist, or at least some expensive software. But if you already have Excel, here's a useful option that's a lot easier on the bottom line.
From Excel 4 Business:
Free Excel Contact Scheduler with Appointment Reminders is a simple yet powerful contact scheduler, based on Microsoft Excel, allows any type of business to create a list of contacts, then schedule those contacts and automatically send appointment reminder emails. This schedule is fully customizable, allowing you to specify an exact Year, Start and End Times, and optional Schedule Intervals of 15, 30 minutes or one hour. A simple check box allows you to select the exact days of the week you want to appear in your schedule as well an option to add up to three waiting lists rows for days when your schedule is full. Appointments can be set for as little as 15 min, up to four hours at a time. Simply select the duration, and then start typing in your contact name, and their entire name will auto-fill into the cell. You may also select their name from the drop down list, and the time slot will be blocked out. Additional contact information such as Phone and e-mail can be automatically displayed in a pop-up comment each time a contact is scheduled.
No more missed or late appointments, with our new Reminder E-mails option, emails can be customized and set up to send daily, automatic reminder emails to all scheduled Contacts. Up to 16 holidays can also be added, blocking out entire days, so avoiding scheduling conflicts is now easier than ever. The current day is always displayed in orange on all scheduling screens, so you can easily see today's date.
What's new in this version:
Created entirely new User Interface, as well as updated code to increase speed on the application.
Updated Recurring Appointments, as well as Appointment Reminders to work with multiple versions of Outlook
Add in additional Contact filtering and sorting to easily locate and update Contacts
More Products to Consider
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Manage all your customer service needs.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Let this PIM schedule and manage your tasks and to-do items.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- View and manage all your Groove and Outlook calendars.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Manage your schedules and contact information.
- Manage your calendar, schedule, to-do lists, and address book c...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Keep on top of appointments and events.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Manage your residential buy-to-let portfolio along with shares ...
- Get audible and visual reminders of important events or appoint...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Add Outlook-style appointment scheduling and interactive Calend...
- Organize classes or schedules, manage assignments and due dates...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great Scheduling for many types of businesses"
Version: Contact Scheduler 8.5
I have a medical office and this software has really helped me out scheduling my patients and sending email reminders to them to remember their appointments. It was easy to set up and keeps my schedule and patients organized.
Does not work on version of excel before 2007
Simple and powerful Excel application, I would recommend this software for anyone needing to schedule their contacts.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: