CNET Editors' review
Computers have revolutionized the way that we do business, making record-keeping, banking, invoicing, customer relations, and many other business functions easier than ever. Compass Business Management Suite aims to combine several of these important tasks into one program that lets users access their data from anywhere. Although we think it's a great idea, in practice we weren't too impressed.
Upon first launching the program, you are required to register and set up a username and password. Compass Business Management Suite saves your information on a remote server, meaning that you can log in and access it from any computer with an Internet connection. The program requires no installation and is small enough to fit on a USB drive, so you can take it with you wherever you go. The program's interface isn't the most attractive or intuitive thing we've ever seen, but its basics are fairly easy to figure out. There are tools for managing invoicing, partners, and projects, as well as a document explorer that arranges documents by project.
Although navigating among these features was easy enough, many of the details of how they actually work were unclear, and we had no success trying to launch the Help file. We were interested in the fact that Compass Business Management Suite lets users import bank transactions stored in CSV files, but when we tried to do this we were informed that we'd have to contact Compass Solutions' customer support to have them create a custom Import Controller file. We also found the program's performance to be somewhat slow. Although we like the idea of storing business data online so it's accessible from anywhere, this program isn't easy enough to use for us to really recommend it.
Compass Business Management Suite comes as a ZIP file.
From Compass Solutions:
Compass Business Management Suite is a concise software utility that enables business owners and managers to organize and follow their company's work in a centralized and handy way. Compass Suite provides the following functionality and modules: invoicing, income/expense/payment tracking, double-entry accounting with transparent multi-currency transactions, on-line document management, customer and supplier database (CRM), employee database (HR), inventory volume and cost tracking, advanced analytics with trends and alerts, reporting, charts, security and data access control, data import-export through CSV files.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0.2 includes:
- Login time and time required for Opening forms was reduced significantly
- Inventory Explorer was intorduced to query stock on folders more easily
- Partner Manager improvements: manage invoicing, documents, payments partner by partner
- New shortcuts in Accounting, Partner, Inventory modules to enhance interoperability and user experience
- Credit Notes now can be entered by simply entering an "invoice" with negative Net amount <... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Manage your business, make invoices, track accounts, and genera...
- Create professional invoices, credit notes, and quotations on y...
- Take care of your accounting, project tracking, and inventory n...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Manage your customer relationship and contacts, track invoices ...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Take charge of your sales.
- Publish your product catalogue and download invoices, sales ord...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Setup and manage payroll services for your company.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Create e-mail invoices, do subscription billing, and track cust...
- Get an accounting software with industry appropriate language a...
- Produce and print invoices without special knowledge in busines...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Unzip and run, self-customizable, all-in-one business manage, i...
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Organize and store records of assets belonging to your company ...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great program with outstanding support."
Version: Compass Business Management Suite 1.9.2
Easy to learn. Expert guidance. Readily modified to meet the user's needs.
None to report.
Compass is an easy to use program with an outstanding support staff. I knew very little about accounting, and they guided me through each step of setting up my account, entering data, and preparing reports. They eagerly modified the program to fit my needs and provide the reports I needed in the format I wanted. No matter how simple or complex your business is, they will customize Compass to your specifications. I definately recommend this program and give it 5 stars.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content