CNET Editors' review
Skwire Empire's ClipTrap is a free and portable clipboard utility with special appeal for programmers, engineers, or anyone who relies on text files. ClipTrap's developer wanted to capture data from a range of sources on a terminal emulator, so ClipTrap monitors the clipboard and copies any text to its window to be saved, appended, or discarded. ClipTrap can be customized with delimiters and various options, and you can search saved clips from the interface.
ClipTrap's user interface is small and plain but nicely rendered -- just how we like it. We could turn ClipTrap's clipboard monitoring on and off from the toolbar as well as Save and Append text and search, scroll, and pin the program. Large buttons let us clear the clipboard, copy text, or clear the window with a click. We clicked the "Options" tab and enabled Word Wrap, which clears up the view when lines aren't critical. In addition to basic program settings, ClipTrap has other useful options, such as Fonts, archival options, timestamp tokens, and a field for entering delimiters. Clicking "Help" opened a Web-based FormatTime page.
ClipTrap is easy to use. The Clips window was empty, but that's because our clipboard was empty, too, so step one was to copy some text, which immediately appeared in ClipTrap's window to be saved, deleted, or appended. The Append feature is particularly useful. ClipTrap's Options let you append new text to the top or bottom of existing files. All you have to do is copy text, click "Append," and browse to a saved file. ClipTrap automatically appends the new text to the file. How cool is that? ClipTrap probably isn't the first choice for most Windows users. But if automatically appending delimited text sounds awesome, ClipTrap is waiting.
From Skwire Empire:
ClipTrap watches the clipboard and keeps track of copied text in its window. Initially wrote it for my workplace where we use terminal emulators (SecureCRT and PuTTY) constantly and often need to capture several successive bits of output from various routers, switches, and other devices on the network.
What's new in this version: Version 1.1.8 removes the setting of the global monitoring toggle hotkey was broken.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Allows to use meme-smileys in any text box by selecting them fr...
- Application speaks incoming messages.
- Multi clipboard, organizer, text and graphics editors all rolle...
- Set up a local area network chat tool.
- View and manage your system clipboard.
- Get your system specifications quickly for easy reference when ...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Displays a scrolling list of messages.
- Capture everything you cut or copy with multi clipboard.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content