CNET Editors' review
ClipMate provides users with an opportunity to store and edit thousands of items from their clipboard. While the program is cluttered, its excellent performance makes this a great download.
The program's interface is initially confusing, thanks to the overwhelming number of small command icons spread throughout the screen. Fortunately, ClipMate provides tutorials and a Help file to teach users how to navigate through the various options. With a little trial and error, users of all skill levels will eventually be able to handle this program. We were pleased with how simple and accurately this program functioned. Whenever we chose to copy some text or a photo, it was listed on a small clipboard in ClipMate. We were able to store what appeared to be an unlimited number of copied items into our clipboard. Clicking the item brought it into the program's word processor, where we enjoyed all the various editing abilities associated with such a program.
The program's features were nothing that amazed us, but might be useful in the right situation. Users can configure their own keystroke macros, place items into a safe, and even sort clips by the day they were cut using this program. While users might be initially overwhelmed by this 30-day trial's busy interface, its benefits will quickly come into focus. We recommend this program for anyone who needs to cut and paste a great deal of information, thanks to its useful clipboard and word processor.
From Thornsoft Development:
Although the Windows clipboard is great for cutting and pasting one item at a time, often you need to work with more than one item (or "clip"). Or you may need to print, edit, re-format, or even spell check your data before pasting. Or you may need a way to store and organize lots of pieces of data (ClipMate can hold tens of thousands of "clips"). Whatever the need, ClipMate can help you do it all.
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Count down number of years, months, or days until a particular ...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Put a flexible date calculator in your System Tray.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- View a desktop screensaver that shows a countdown timer.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Count down the years, months, days, and seconds before your bir...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Count the days between two dates.
- Display a customizable countdown on your desktop.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Count the days, months, and hours down to any date you specify.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Copy to a network Clipboard with just one mouse click.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Find the difference between two dates.
- Extend your clipboard functions with encryption and search feat...
- Insert commonly used text to any application using hot key comb...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 19 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Almost 100% sure: no new versions anymore"
Version: ClipMate 7.5.26
Still one of the best and if the developer would(!) release a new version, I am sure it would outperform any other clipboard manager out there...
However, for almost 100% sure this will not be the case: there will be no new versions anymore, latest version being v7.5.26 (March 6, 2013).
The forum has been closed down for quite a while already.
I myself, after doing a lot of comparing, think that Clipboard Help+Spell is a fairly decent successor, specifically when you like the classic "Explorer" GUI of Clipmate. Freeware from DonationCoder.com.
None, except there will be no updates anymore.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: