CNET Editors' review
Class Action Gradebook Elementary Edition is a tool for tracking the progress of your class, calculating grades, and sending out reports. There are tons of functions available in this program, and it is highly customizable, making it possible for you to add in the subjects you teach and include notes or other information about each student. This app is designed for use by elementary school teachers who instruct one class in multiple subjects.
The first time you open Class Action Gradebook, you will be prompted to enter your name, e-mail address, and your name as you would like it to appear on all outgoing correspondence. You can then view some sample classes to get a feel for how the software works or start entering your own students and configuring your classes. This app includes features for calculating grades, setting a grading scale, and projecting grades. There is also support for creating and sending out report cards, e-mailing the class or parents, and uploading grades and other items to the Web. The interface is crowded but intuitive, and it is easy to switch between the various available views.
If you do have trouble getting started, there are tutorials available from a drop-down menu that will help you get the most out of all the features. This app is free to try for 30 days, and a license costs $39. Whether you've been keeping track of grades online for a while or are just now making the switch, this is a useful and accessible piece of software.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Class Action Gradebook Elementary Edition 12.0.10.
From CalEd Software:
Class Action Gradebook Elementary Edition is for teachers, take the work out of grading with Class Action Grade book. Flexible and easy to use, Class Action's Elementary Edition is designed for teachers who teach multiple subjects to their classes. Class Action tracks and computes grades and attendance and helps you stay in contact with students and their parents. It includes seating charts and a full complement of ready-to-go reports, letters, and graphs (in English and Spanish) that can be printed or automatically e-mailed to parents or posted on our secure Web site.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Update your IE browsing experience with Google gadgets, AutoFil...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Play MPEG-4 movies with AAC sound with latest version of Apple'...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Add a Web browser plug-in for accessing rich interactive applic...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Track grades or attendance and provide seating charts for secon...
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Track your students grades and performance in large classrooms.
- Calculate body mass index for women.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great Grade Book Program"
Version: Class Action Gradebook Elementary Edition 12.0.5
Using on Windows 7, no problems.
Simple Grade Entry (Looks like a grade book acts like a grade book)
Very user friendly
Runs Locally but allows for online posting of grades
View points, percentages, letter grades
Elementary version is great and allows multiple subjects in a single file/interface
The top window seems a little cluttered with buttons when you first start using the program but after realizing that you will be using those buttons frequently, it's actually nice. I guess that's not a con.
I researched several of the top rated grade book programs but found Class Action Gradebook Elementary edition to be the easiest to use with the largest feature set.