From Mark Allan:
Free GUI front end to the ClamAV opensource virus checker. Update the virus definitions. Point it to a file or folder and scan. Other features include logging results to a file, placing infected files into quarantine, monitoring folders for changes to their contents and a Finder Contextual Menu Item.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed an infinite loop caused by having the quarantine folder within the folder you're scanning.
- Fixed a problem which could occur if scanning via the Contextual Menu or Services menu in 10.6.1
- Correctly clearing out the progress bar after a scan/update.
- Changed a default setting to help avoid false positives.
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Scan your Registry and hard drive for spyware.
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Prevent Spyware and Malware running from your PC.
- Keep your PC protected from all Internet threats, never slowing...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 80 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Good basic Antivirus monitoring"
Version: ClamXav 2.0.3
Easy to install; protection from both MAC AND Windows-based viruses (very important for attached MS office docs); runs in background; free
Scanning is bit on slow side but non-intrusive so it really wasn't a big deal; does not repair infected files-either deletes or quarantines based on user selection.
Overall a good basic tool for comprehensive monitoring.
"Open Source anti-virus protection for Macs"
Version: ClamXav 2.0.3
Free. Daily updates. Sentry feature will check selected folder(s) for changes. Finds viruses that can infect Windows-based computers, allowing you to avoid spreading it to others.
Somewhat slow. Scanning a hard disk is not intuitive. Cannot quarantine single emails. Does not repair infected files; can only quarantine or delete them.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content