CNET Editors' review
Simpler is better, we often hear, and nowhere more so than in notekeeping applications that can bring order to the most chaotic life. Like CintaNotes. This freeware note-taking application is designed to help you save, organize, and make good use of those great ideas and newfangled concepts you're always turning up. You can quickly save personal notes, Web addresses and snippets, articles, images, and anything else that exists in the cyberworld that you'd like remember, take note of, and tag for retrieval.
When it comes to the user interface, notekeepers tend to range from tiny black rectangles to NASA's version of a Busy Box for astronaut trainees. CintaNotes strikes a nice balance that (thankfully) tips toward the simple end of the scale with a plain field for creating, displaying, and sorting notes and a minimal control set that consists only of a search tool and a drop-down list for sorting notes under various headings such as Title and Modified (Created is default) as well as a manually. CintaNotes offers plenty of options, including themes and colors, startup behavior, hotkeys, and editing options. There are many ways to create a new note, including from the program's System Tray icon, but the quickest way may be simply to press the Insert (or Ins) key on your keyboard. The New Note dialog has a blank field for typing or pasting notes and other content, a title field, and two fields at the bottom labeled Tags -- for entering your own identifiers -- and Links, which includes a go-to button for opening active links. We simply typed in our note and pressed OK (or Cancel) and the new note appeared in a rectangular box in CintaNotes with its title and enough of the content showing to lets us know what it was. Double-clicking a note in the interface opened it for editing in the same dialog we used to create it.
Whether we were typing or mousing, CintaNotes made it easy not only to create new notes but to retrieve existing ones. The program offers lots of help for getting the most out of it, including a forum and translations.
From Cinta Software:
CintaNotes is your an assistant in the daily task of organizing information, such as your own thoughts and ideas, article excerpts, blog postings, quotes from famous people, research data, curious facts, Wikipedia entries, you name it. It lets you quickly jot down and tag any useful text that you come across. Unlike browser-based tools like Google Notebook, CintaNotes does not require a web browser to work: the text-clipping "magic" works in any application that can copy text to clipboard.
What's new in this version: Version 2.3 inluded a new feature for search option "Search across field boundaries" and added confirmation dialog to merge command.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Schedule programs, scripts, and other tasks to start automatica...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Use the information provided easier, using less time.
- Calculate your auto loan using variable rates, taxes, and other...
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 9 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"It adds unwanted toolbars"
Version: CintaNotes 2.3
None in the face of unwanted items.
Why does CNET not highlight this in the write up.
Any download with unwanted toolbars is unacceptable, however good.
"Love, love, love, love"
Version: CintaNotes 2.3
The 4-item set of metadata (title, description, tags, URL) works very well for my link collection needs. Simple and easy to use. Robust search and filtering features. Relatively light resource footprint; quick, easy install.
No integrated syncing features (i.e. maintaining a consistent set of notes between multiple computers), but I use Dropbox to sync my notebook, and it works OK.
Love it. Use it. NOTES.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content