Checkmate is a preference pane that allows you to generate and compare secure MD5 checksums of critical files. This can be used to detect whether these files have been altered by viruses, rootkits, trojan horses, or other possibly malicious programs. Checksum validation can be run manually from inside the preference pane, and/or scheduled to run hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, or each time you restart.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed reported runtime issue where Checkmate would not automatically test.
- Fixed memory allocation issues while testing was being performed.
- Updated reporting for File Structures issues to avoid truncating file names.
- Addressed issue for Surface Scan test in which same disk was tested multiple times.
- Updated Send Report mechanism to require an email address prior to submitting.
- Added ToolTip support for the date column in Logs.