CNET Editors' review
CheckBook Pro for Mac helps you track your finances with a variety of tools, many of them offering efficient access to your financial information. It is designed to import information directly from other sources, including your financial institutions and Quicken Essentials for Mac. You can also manually input transactions, reconcile them, add scheduled deposits and debits, and create a graphic overview of your accounts. The app supports working with multiple accounts and allows you to track where the money comes from for each transaction.
Once you install CheckBook Pro, you can open it from the Launchpad. Begin by naming your account and importing the information or entering a beginning balance. New transactions are easy to add using the buttons at the top of the page. Move between different views with the buttons below the ledger. The summary tab lets you view various reports, including your expenses, income, and tax-deductible items over various time periods. There are multiple tutorials available from the Help menu to introduce you to the wide range of features this app offers, although they don't pop up automatically when you open the app for the first time. Password protection for each account is available but not mandatory.
While you can try CheckBook Pro free for five days, you must purchase a license for $24.95 to continue using it beyond this period. While this app is comparable to various other money-tracking programs available, it does operate smoothly and offer a streamlined interface.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of CheckBook Pro for Mac 2.5.4.
From Splasm Software:
When you need more than a basic check register and reporting tool, try on CheckBook Pro, featuring everything in CheckBook, our powerfully simple personal finance manager, and then some. Want a summary of all your accounts at once? How about an advanced search based on any combination of criteria? What if you'd like to change the date or description for a group of transactions in a single stroke? With CheckBook Pro's simply powerful data management tools it's just plain easy.
More Products to Consider
- Organize and manage your finances and track your spending.
- Track and monitor all your income and expenses quickly and easi...
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Edit mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees.
- Countup/countdown chronometer.
- Play a wide range of audio files at variable speed to assist wi...
- Personal finance & money manager.
- Personal finance and money management for individuals and small...
- List of all active shortcuts of the current application.
- OneNote-style note taking and clipping app.
- Enhanced calendar app with iCal and Google Calendar sync/sharin...
- Sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose.
- Video SIP softphone application.
- Scientific and Programmers desktop calculator with variables an...
- Simple alarm clock & timer.
- Quickly create visually appealing mind maps.
- Manage and keep track of your personal finances.
- Personal finances & money manager.
- Complete money management solution for everyone.
- Spoken-word transcription software.
- Categorizes credit card expenditures.
- Manage and display your budget and transactions on a calendar.
- Spreadsheet app.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: