CNET Editors' review
Change Hidden iTunes Preferences for Mac is an excellent application for customizing Apple's media software. Despite its utility, novice Mac users may have trouble with its slightly complicated installation process.
After downloading, Change Hidden iTunes Preferences for Mac opens up as a disk image with detailed installation instructions. While comprehensive, it requires users to open hidden folders, create new ones, and drag the application's scripts into them. This could be too complicated for some early Mac users. The instructions did work, though, with the application's scripts becoming visible in the drop-down menus in iTunes. Once clicked, an additional preferences menu opens in a new window. While there are no graphics, the menu is easy to use. Users can hide the Ping features, apply half star ratings, and globally change the view settings. Additional checkboxes let you easily set features such as completely downloading a preview before playing. Users can also change the grid search results to a list and alter the scrolling behavior to make it more intuitive for some. Once applied, all of the changes work seamlessly.
Despite its slightly complicated installation steps, Change Hidden iTunes Preferences for Mac is a very useful tool for those who aren't happy with iTunes' defaults.
From Doug's AppleScripts:
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist
- Changing view setting is global
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing
- Create playlists for purchased song collections
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
What's new in this version:
- Removed horizontal buttons option (no longer applicable)
- Adds "elastic" scroll option (Lion only)
- Written as a Cocoa-AppleScript applet for OS X 10.6 or better only
More Products to Consider
- Retrieve lost contacts, photos, SMS from iOS devices with ease.
- Preview and recover lost iPhone data from iTunes backup Files o...
- Copy iPod to Mac and in iTunes. Rebuild iTunes library from iPo...
- A program that allows users to jailbreak their iPod touch, iPho...
- Transfer files on iPod, iPhone and iPad.
- Copy music and playlists from an iPod, iPhone or iPad to iTunes...
- Transfer songs, movies, photos, eBooks, playlists, contacts, SM...
- Copy Music from iPod, iPhone or iPad to iTunes. Transfer iPhone...
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- Change your iOS device's carrier logo without jailbreaking.
- World's 1st iPhone, iPad & iPod touch Data Recovery Software fo...
- Backup your iDevice SHSH.
- Extract information from iPhone and iPad backups.
- Jailbreak your iOS device running iOS 6.0-6.1.
- Transfer music, video and photo between iPod/iPhone and Mac, ex...
- Recover the data from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- ITunes menu bar control, able to set streams or playlists as pr...
- Free up space on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Access iTunes library & controls from menu bar.
- ITunes menu bar remote.
- Community and recommendation system for iTunes.
- Edit the info you see about the mp4 file in iTunes and Finder.
- Motionlight iTunes controller widget.
- Control iTunes without leaving Adium.