CatDV is the cross-platform media asset database from Square Box Systems Ltd. It will catalog any QuickTime media type but works particularly closely with an existing video editing application, such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere, to provide automatic scene detection and clip logging. It also maintains a catalog of scenes across all your tapes, with both thumbnails and low resolution preview movies, to help you manage and find your footage. Any DV meta data recorded by the camcorder, such as the timecode, date and time of recording or exposure details, is extracted and displayed. Clip data can be imported and exported in a wide variety of formats, include Edit Decision Lists (EDL's), Cinestream projects or as tab-separated text files. With Live Capture CatDV will automatically scan a DV tape and capture previews for each scene in one easy operation.
What's new in this version:
- Redesigned Live Capture screen to separate out setup commands and allow entry of Name and Notes while a tape is playing, plus a new option to create separate files for each scene.
- New Preferences option to turn off audio in Live Capture (Pro only).
- Fix an 'error parsing timecode' error when opening catalogs. Fix a bug reading timecode >20 hours.
- Verbatim Logger now supports a free running clock (Pro only).
- Fix scene analysis when importing MPEG m... See all new features »