Explore and refine data, create beautiful maps, export information for the web using Google Maps and Google Earth (via our KML Export capabilities). Merge data from several sources. Get local data from your government in CSV Latitude and Longitude (or in your state plane, Cartographica has a deep understanding of Coordinate Reference Systems and projections), add to that with satellite or topographical information using Bing Maps or Web Map Services such as Terraserver, bring in street information from US Census Bureau TIGER, and see them all together in one place. Use Cartographica's sophisticated import, geocoding, manual editing, and analysis tools to create and edit data and then present the data using Google Earth, Adobe Illustrator, PDF, your web site, and more.
What's new in this version: See http://www.macgis.com/releasenote_1_2_2.php.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage all aspects of a high school student administrative syst...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Calculate body mass index for women.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Calculate your BMI using a chart.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Calculate body mass index for men.
- Calculate body mass index for children.
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
All versions:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Finally, comparatively easy to use GIS for the Mac!"
Version: Cartographica 1.2.2
As GIS programs go this one is as easy as they get to use. Excellent import capabilities, and flexibility of display etc too. THe fully functional, but time limited, trial is a great way to see if it will do the job for you.
Even an 'easy" GIS program will take a while to muster if you aren't used to vector graphics etc, so try to get an understanding of the basic principles before you jump in.
I've struggled with the open-source Grass off and on for years (powerful , but very "unMac" ) and usually ended up giving up and heading for the delightful, but much more limited, iMap from Bioevolution. With Cartographica you get a "real" GIS mapping program. At $450 it is not cheap (except when you compare it to "mainstream" PC GIS prices). but it really is worth trying if GIS is what you need on a modern Mac.
"Easiest GIs software I have ever used"
Version: Cartographica 1.2.2
Imports anything I throw at it. Straight forward interface, so simple to use after having used ARCgis, Mapinfo and a host of other systems for years. Best GIS system for the Mac, better than any I have used on PC.
I woudl like some more flexibility in rendering maps. The maps themselves are great, it is labels and tables that you add. Still more than good enough for the reports I do for major companies etc.
Number one GIS sytem for the Mac and as good and better in many respects as any system I have used before. Trial is free and it is of the complete package. Happy mapping!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content