From MKL Vision Systems:
Camera Viewer turns your PC into a CCTV video surveillance system. Aimed at the home and small business user, the system allows the capture, storage and playback of images from either multiple USB Web cams, or Axis IP cameras in JPEG and MJPEG modes. The software incorporates advanced features, such as a drag and drop user interface, graphical scheduler, motion detection with notification via e-mail, remote viewing of images over the Internet, uploading images with FTP, as well as storing video clips for playback in AVI format with media players.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2.1 includes File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
More Products to Consider
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Record and play calls from various instant messengers and Skype...
- Import Mac OS Entourage e-mails to Microsoft Outlook.
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Create and share training videos, presentations, and screencast...
- Convert your non-Outlook e-mails and import them into Microsoft...
- Record anything that happens on your screen.
- Record anything on your PC in Full HD, up to 100FPS, with no la...
- Record screen and audio activity on your PC to create AVI and S...
- Transfer mail archives from Mac OS to Outlook for Windows.
- Record PC screen in HD quality with no lag.
- Record screen actions, video, and sound being played back on PC...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Many bugs, but can be used well"
Version: Camera Viewer 1.1.1
Actually works without crashing (major + in this category)
Easy to install and set up; can in fact be removed (see manufacturer reply to last comment)
Motion detection doesn't work, even when overridden. Always continuous records. Try holding mouse down ahead of seeker to review it all faster.
No online functions; you must sync it yourself.
Saturday often overwrites Friday. Delete your files often.
Also beware that if you "copy schedule," your radio button settings won't carry over. Do that manually.
The files are a weird XML/JPEG hybrid of picture and video I have not seen before. Luckily they have a viewer I mentioned above.
Also, if you start up the program with a camera disconnected, you'll lose all your customized settings for that camera. Make sure you don't do that.
All in all, if you can combine this with a form of Online file sync, maybe with FTP, you can make a reliable yet cumbersome security system for your home. I haven't seen it crash, but it has overwritten some files near the weekend, so if you don't delete files daily, you can lose a little peace of mind.
Many of the other "free" options are in fact worse, often are not free and may not function at all, so at the time this is the software I am using.
Version: Camera Viewer 1.1.1
This will install to an unknown directory without warning!
Difficult to remove!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content