CUPS uses the Internet Printing Protocol ("IPP") as the basis for managing print jobs and queues and adds network printer browsing and PostScript Printer Description ("PPD") based printing options to support real-world printing.
What's new in this version:
The new release fixes some performance and printing bugs. Changes include:
- Documentation updates (STR #2785, STR #2861, STR #2862)
- The scheduler did not add the ending job sheet when the job was released.
- The IPP backend did not relay marker-* attributes.
- The CUPS GNOME/KDE menu item was not localized for Chinese (STR #2880)
- The CUPS GNOME/KDE menu item was not localized for Japanese (STR #2876)
- The cupstestppd utility reported mixed l... See all new features »