CNET TechTracker is a free application from CNET that helps keep the software on your computer up-to-date and secure. TechTracker works by scanning the software installed on your computer and alerting you when updates are available. Keeping software up-to-date is important because updates often contain patches that make your computer more secure and new features that make your software better.
TechTracker leverages the CNET Download.com software catalog -- the largest catalog of software in the world -- to provide secure, spyware-free software updates. TechTracker makes it easy to keep track of all your software updates in one place and ensure you are running the latest versions.
Receive notifications and easily install your latest software updates
- Choose how often TechTracker scans for updates
- Customize your applications list by hiding or skipping notifications
- See product information, including ratings and software data
What's new in this version:
- One-click installs with the new "Smart Install" feature: Save time and avoid clicking through every software installation step.
- Immediate scan results: View your scan results immediately from the TechTracker desktop software.
- More advanced controls: Pick the most convenient time for your queue to run, and limit the bandwidth your downloads use.