Benefits: converts PDF to plain text (and can follow columns if you converting a newspaper in PDF format) - including invisible text extraction; converts tables in PDF to Excel (CSV) by reading cells from given rectangle; converts tables in PDF to XML files; extracts PDF file metadata (title, author, description) and get other information about the file (number of pages, encrypted or not); extracts embedded images from PDF document (in ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, VB6 and VBScript); DocumentMerger and DocumentSplitter interfaces and classes to merge and split PDF documents; doesn't require Adobe Reader or any other PDF reader software to be installed; provides .NET and ActiveX interfaces; made with 100% managed C# code.
What's new in this version:
- PDF to XML, PDF to CSV, PDF to Text functionality updated
- OCRMode now provides 9 modes
- .DetectLineInsteadOfParagraph now works much better. Set it to False to capture multiline text in table cells!
- PDF controls support improved
- FDF and XFDF data extraction