From Burnaware Technologies:
BurnAware Home is a balanced CD, DVD and BD disc burning software designed specifically for users who do not need professional features, but need some flexibility and additional functionality besides the basic feature set. If you are looking for a well-rounded disc burning tool with a price you can afford, BurnAware Home is a perfect candidate for the job. It supports recording from command-line and BAT scripts for automating routine actions, CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, BD-R/RE and DVD-RAM media, including high-capacity double-layer media, and supports UDF (Universal Disc Format 1.02-2.60), Bridge and ISO9660 (Level 1-3, Romeo), including Joliet Unicode extensions.
What's new in this version: Version 5.0.1 has updated installer and translations and fixed bug with random "access violation" while burning.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Rip and convert DVD to popular video formats.
- Capture, convert, and consume movies, music and photos for the ...
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
- Copy and convert DVD to AVI, Mp4, WMV, Mpeg, 3GP ect files, tra...
- Create and manage virtual CD drives and CD/DVD discs.
- Create movies from camcorder videos and common videos.
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Construct home movies from captured digital video on your Windo...
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Convert DVD to various video formats, copy DVD to portable devi...
- Convert your videos to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, MP4, H264, AVI, ...
- Playback any Blu-ray, DVD, VCD, or MPEG movies and almost all v...
- Convert videos to DVD format and burn the videos to DVD disc.
- Get the DVD authoring tool for your PC.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 20 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Be Burn-Aware and buy something else."
Version: BurnAware Home 5.0.1
1. Makes everything ROM, doesn't preserve the rewritability, no matter what disc you use.
2. So it's really a WRITE ONCE ONLY software program, despite the instructions.
3. Can't read DVD+RW and keep the same capacity, turns a DVD into a CD-ROM.
4. Help doesn't help, as the product doesn't do what's advertised.
5. NO REFUND, so the minute you buy it, before you even know its flaws, you're stuck.
BURNAWARE is worse than Roxio or Nero (see video). Be aware that if you buy burnaware, you will be burned worse than Nero and Rome. The first burn is that you can't get a refund, which you must agree to up-front. The second burn is that the software instructions guarantee you sleepless nights trying to figure out what the options mean, since the help is no help.
The third burn: if you use RW-type media and don't fill up the disk because you properly checked the burn options to ALLOW later re-writing -- well, it ignores you. For not only is your DVD with RW or CD with RW turned to ROM, but your computer can't read it UNLESS you reformat it or extract the files through Burnaware or some other proprietary extractor.
In short, those files become invisible to Windows, AS WELL AS the CD or DVD becoming read-only, never mind you didn't finalize the disc! (I used Verbatim DVD+RW, unilayer 4.7GB and Memorex 700 MB CD+RW.)
Weirdly, another computer you have can read those files (I used Acer Aspire One to test read, but burnaware was on my Dell 8400). But when you mass copy using Windows Copy, it keeps bombing. You must then manually copy JUST that bombed file, and resume where you left off. Very annoying.
Fourth and fifth burns: burnaware is SLOOOOOWWWWWWWWW to burn the first time: average for a non-damaged disc is 7 minutes for CD+RW, 15-30 mins for DVD+RW. But burnaware DAMAGES discs in formatting. To its credit, it can repair what it wrecks.
Example: first, I asked burnaware to make a Bridge DVD from my DVD+RW; it 'produced' a 522MB with no files added and it changed the RW into ROM! So, I had to reformat it via Erase Disc.. 20 minutes later, I gave up and just exited the program. What solved the problem for me, was to reinstall my old Roxio Sonic MyDVD 5.3 LE and RecordNow 7.3 LE software. It FULLY reformatted the same disc within 3 minutes. And is readable on my other computers which also have Roxio. Same result obtains from Nero, though the latter is a pistol to use and I ended up uninstalling Nero.
In short, burnaware burns, alright; in all the wrong ways.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content