From Burnaware Technologies:
BurnAware Free is a full-fledged disc burning tool - fast, lightweight, feature-packed and, most importantly, free. The program burns all types of CD, DVD and Blu-Ray discs containing data, digital photos, music and video. With BurnAware Free, you will be able to create bootable or multisession CDs and DVDs, high-quality audio CDs, make and burn disc images, copy and backup discs.
What's new in this version: Version 5.0 has added "Data Disc" and "Custom Disc" instead of "Data CD","Data DVD","Bridge Disc".
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Convert, edit video and audio files for multimedia devices.
- Play all the most popular video and audio formats.
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Back up your DVD movies to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, Kindl...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
- Convert your videos to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, MP4, H264, AVI, ...
- Add audio/video codecs and filters to playback any video file.
- Convert and edit your video files adding slide shows and titles...
- Copy and convert DVD to AVI, Mp4, WMV, Mpeg, 3GP ect files, tra...
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Capture, convert, and consume movies, music and photos for the ...
- Construct home movies from captured digital video on your Windo...
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.
- Create and manage virtual CD drives and CD/DVD discs.
- Convert video files to various formats and extract audio tracks...
- Play and watch your favorite movies in DVD, VCD, and SVCD forma...
- Convert DVD to various video formats, copy DVD to portable devi...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 388 votes
Current version:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Looks good, can't do what I downloaded for."
Version: BurnAware Free 5.0
The initial impression was good. It's a simple interface that offers no frills execution of your desired task. I found it refreshing overall and didn't mind missing features that some more advanced users will likely desire.
It couldn't burn a single disc! I kept getting an error message partway through the burning process and then I couldn't even cancel and eject the disc when the program became unresponsive. I had to completely shut down and then reboot before I could get my computer to loosen the death grip it had on the now unusable disc. Also it changed my default search engine to AVG search and changed my home page to that search page as well. There was no asking permission to do so, it just did and I found out the next time I went to open my browser to look for more capable burning software. I guess it's a good thing this was free and I didn't pay for it.
Perhaps I'm just too tired, and perhaps I'm just done having one more frustration in getting things done today, but I quickly gave up after this program ate 3 of my discs. I ended up trying a few other burning programs before landing on ImgBurn, and I must say I found ImgBurn better than this hunk of junk. And the changing of my default home page and search engine is simply unacceptable. Don't waste your time with this and go for something better.
"Very very good"
Version: BurnAware Free 5.0
Light on resources and reliable
none to mention
Whilst not the best there is, for free you can't ask for more. As a time served IT engineer I rely on quality apps and Burnaware has been with me for over 3 years. Users having problems with crashes should look at other areas of their computer before coming to the first conclusion. I have 8 computers in use and over the years have never had a crash in connection to Burnaware free.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content