CNET Editors' review
Bubble Bobble offers the same looks, feel, and fun as the original NES game. The emulator is smooth, responsive, and fast, even if the onscreen controls can make things challenging. If you haven't played this classic game, this is the best way to do it without having to drag out your old NES and find a copy of the game on eBay.
Just as in the classic NES game, in this emulator you also take the roles of Bub and Bob, trying to save their friend from the evil robots. To do this, you have to jump by them and shoot them with your bubble breath to turn them into bonuses. Bubble Bobble has the same opening sequence and levels as the original, so you'll be able to jump right in if you know what you're doing. You can get an easy passcode or save your game to continue your progress if you have to put the game down. The game puts the D-pad and A and B buttons onscreen for ease of access. They get in the way of what you're doing if you maneuver Bob into a corner, though. Luckily, you can control him just by tapping and swiping, too. The only thing that would make this emulator feel more like the original game would be a controller.
Bubble Bobble is a nifty game and feels right at home on Android smartphones and tablets. Give this classic game a try to see what all of the fuss was about.
Game Classic - Bubble Bobble (Android Version). Bubble Bobble is an arcade game by Taito, first released in 1986 and later ported to numerous home computers and game consoles. The game, starring the twin Bubble Dragons Bub (Bubblun) and Bob (Bobblun), is an action-platform game in which players travel through one hundred different stages, blowing and bursting bubbles, dodging enemies and collecting a variety of items. The game became very popular and led to a long series of sequels and spin-offs. The main goal of the game is to rescue Bub and Bob's girlfriends from Robots, among other enemies. It is also notable for being an early example of a game with multiple endings, which depended on the player's skill and discovering secrets. In the game, each player controls one of the two Bubble Dragons, Bub and Bob. The player can move along platforms, as well as jump to those above and to the side, similar to most platform games. The player can also blow bubbles. These can trap enemies, who are defeated if the bubble is then burst by the player's spiny back. Bubbles that contain enemies can be popped at the same time resulting in different foods being projected around the level.
What's new in this version: Version 3.4 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Play classic Nintendo platformer game on your Android device.
- The sequel to the smash hit phenomenon that took the world by s...
- Play a classic multi-directional shooter video game.
- View IPL 6 live score and schedule.
- Dr. Driving drives you crazy!.
- 4 Pics 1 Word - What's the word in common for 4 pictures?.
- Ride rippin' waves and dodge great whites in the best surfing g...
- One of the most addictive and entertaining physics based drivin...
- Think you have what it takes to adopt a POU? How will YOU custo...
- Trailblaze in this new standard for mobile racing game.
- Travel through stages, blowing and bursting bubbles, dodging en...
- Do you like driving big vehicles? Then you have to try Bus Simu...
- Play the most addictive physics-based car & bike racing game.Fe...
- Play a classic arcade game.
- Play a classic arcade fighting game.
- In a world of might and magic, are you strong enough to dominat...
- Dungeon Lurk Adventures - A True Classic Point and Click Action...
- Logo Quiz is the #1 ranked Logo Guessing Game on Google Play.
- Develop your skills so much that you will become a master in sh...
- Realistic 3D Yatzy game with many features; play solo, pass'n p...
- Control one of two armed military commandos and protect the Ear...
- Play a classic NES platformer game on Android device.
- Lead the charge on D-Day as the tip of the spear in the largest...
- 4 Pictures 1 Word. Can you guess whats the word ?.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content