CNET Editors' review
Businesses often need to render 3D images for use in promotional materials, presentations, and more. For those looking for a well-designed, professional-looking program to create them with, Boxshot for Mac performs its functions well and has a number of useful templates.
Boxshot for Mac offers a free trial version, which leaves a watermark on all output images. The full version requires $49 to unlock. Download and installation completed quickly. During setup, the program gives the user the option to purchase the full version, but outside of this, the process completes without user interaction. The program, itself, does not have any instructions, which is a problem since the interface is difficult to interpret for those without experience using design software. Tutorials are available through the developer's Web site, as is technical support. The application, itself, is very well designed with good detail on the menus. Users can select from a generous number of templates for rendering, including cans, books, and coffee mugs, among others. Users can select a template and view any side to add details and text. The processing and execution all completed quickly, which is a great advantage for a fairly complicated program. The output images rendered well and look similar to real-life objects.
For those in need of a rendering program, Boxshot for Mac performs well and has a number of useful options.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Boxshot for Mac 4.0.22b.
From Applications For Life:
Boxshot features a large selection of customizable shapes: software boxes, books, CD, DVD, and Blu-ray boxes, cards, cans, mugs, bags, and much more. Almost all the shapes are customizable so you can adjust them for your design. If you need more shapes, simply load them. Boxshot supports loading of FBX, 3DS, and Collada (DAE) files to use in scenes. Boxshot can resize shapes according to your graphics. You don't need to adjust your images for our shapes, Boxshot adjusts the shapes for you.
What's new in this version:
- Scene tree and operations
- Fit to View
- Publish to Augment
- New "Cap" shape
- Some minor bug fixes
More Products to Consider
- Create or download 3D models.
- Outline home plans, lay out furniture & view the results in 3D.
- Create or download 3D models.
- Paint app similar to MacPaint & Microsoft Paint.
- Create various architectural designs.
- Explore new paths with this vector tool.
- Create and process PDF documents.
- Convert PDF files to various formats.
- Work with CDR files on your Mac.
- 3D modeling, animation & rendering tool.
- View, mark-up, print, save .dwg as pdf.
- Convert PDFs and images to text via OCR.
- 2D CAD product to create, edit and view DWG files.
- Page layout & design.
- Photoshop plug-in to reduce noise & grain.
- Navigational control center.
- Multi-technique animation software for hobbyists, students and ...
- Play and recognize intervals.
- Draw flow charts from ready-made components.
- Design home and office interiors on Mac.
- Color Sampler measures pixel colors.
- Waves, polygons, stars, spirographs in Quark 6.
- Update your Umax MagicScan scanner software to work with the ne...
- Easily PDF files without buying Adobe Acrobat.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content