From Limit Point Software:
Boolean Search is a Mac OS X web server application for searching the contents of files. Boolean Search can be employed as a search engine for a public website on the Internet, or a personal or group owned collection of files on your own computer or network. A wide variety of search criteria and customizable response pages makes Boolean Search a very flexible alternative to Internet search engines or operating system services like Spotlight.Key Features
- Search forms and results are highly customizable with the use of "templates," standard HTML and AppleScript.
- Generation of a "site index" which lists all the words contained in a file collection, and links to the files which contain them.
- Various query-based search methods are available: exact, partial, approximate, case sensitive, proximity, phrase, regular expression pattern matching, etc.
- A wide variety of "context summaries" of found documents are available, and files are viewable with search terms linked and highlighted.
- PDF, MS Word and RTF indexing.
- Spell-checking of queries and generation of new queries for the corrected terms (as in "Did you mean?)
- Boolean Search contains an integrated web server so it can serve and process its own search forms.
- Interaction with the program using a web browser and standard TCP/IP means you can either use Boolean Search on your own Mac-hosted web site, or as a personal search engine right on your own computer (especially when used in conjunction with the Blue Crab web crawler.)
- Supports multiple directories and provides the ability to find files by name, kind, date, type, etc. together with a content query for more targeted searching.
- Standard server realms support.
- Search directory administration includes settings for word break characters, stopwords, synonyms, variety of file filters, "last visit cookies."
- Customizable logging for each search directory.
- Automatic re-indexing and caching can be scheduled in the Preferences window.
- Optional browser-based administration enables remote configuration of the search directories.
What's new in this version:
Added support for filenames up to 256 characters in length. This improves the display of file names when building the file information cache, and when displaying search results.
The monitor window is always brought to the foreground when cache building commences.
More Products to Consider
- Make and receive phone calls and hold cross-platform webcam cha...
- Hear, see, and chat with many people at a time.
- Send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on...
- Video chat/calling tool; see up to 6 friends at once.
- Exchange online messages that appear as soon as they're sent.
- Use your webcam with multiple apps & add cool graphics & effect...
- View Outlook .msg email and contact files on Mac.
- Google, Skype, Yahoo, MSN, AIM, Jabber, Facebook, SMS, Fax, and...
- Copy to, move to, or open a recently used mailbox.
- Export to Facebook directly from iPhoto.
- Drop upload files to specific folders on FTP servers.
- Access your Infusionsoft data from Apple Mail.
- HTML form processor.
- Add DSP effects to any Mac application with audio content.
- Add functionality for Apple Mail signatures.
- Affordable and full featured RSS reader.
- Auto record Skype phone and video calls.
- Intelligently reminds to you include e-mail attachments if you ...
- Calculate test reliability using Spearman-Brown 'prophecy' form...
- Generate short links for Twitter by dragging media to your menu...
- Instant messaging tool.
- Client-side Internet batch upload component.
- Auto open & quit apps with others.
- Drag/drop or automatic ftp uploads.