CNET Editors' review
Nothing is more frustrating than trying to mass print documents with various settings one at a time. BatchOutput PDF for Mac seeks to fix this problem by helping you print multiple PDF files at one time with modifiable settings.
BatchOutput PDF for Mac is customizable but is only able to work with PDF documents. The interface allows you to drag and drop individual files into the queue. Each batch you create can have its own unique printing feature configurations. Printer configurations include copy number, pages, shrinking, page setup, layout, and other printer-specific features. The only real bad thing about this program is that you cannot save the print settings. However, the full version of the program allows you to save print configurations to hot folders that remain active. The free version is a partial copy of the program that you can use for a trial period of 30 days. The full version of the program retails for $24.95.
BatchOutput PDF for Mac is an effective time-saving program for dealing with complex and large print jobs made up of PDF files. Unfortunately, the inability to save settings makes the free version only appropriate for personal use. The configurable hot folders in the full version would make that version suitable for an office environment.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of BatchOutput PDF for Mac 2.0.1.
From Zevrix Solutions:
BatchOutput PDF prints PDF files automatically from watched hot folders. Create hot folders for various printing settings, then just drop PDFs there, and BatchOutput PDF will do the rest for you. Keep working with other programs while BatchOutput PDF prints dozens of files in the background. Save time and hassle of opening and printing each PDF manually.
Two licenses are available: BatchOutput PDF and BatchOutput PDF Server. BatchOutput PDF Server allows you to create hot folders on network volumes and in shared folders, which lets you serve multiple users with a single copy of the software.
KEY FEATURES: Watched hot folders for various printing settings, print presets (linked to hot folders), serve multiple users (BatchOutput PDF Server only), post-processing (move/delete jobs), history.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed an issue in which certain page ranges could cause BatchOutput PDF to get into an endless loop when auto-rotation is required.
More Products to Consider
- Create or download 3D models.
- Create and process PDF documents.
- Convert PDF files to various formats.
- Outline home plans, lay out furniture & view the results in 3D.
- Create or download 3D models.
- 3D modeling, animation & rendering tool.
- Paint app similar to MacPaint & Microsoft Paint.
- Create various architectural designs.
- Explore new paths with this vector tool.
- Work with CDR files on your Mac.
- Convert PDFs and images to text via OCR.
- Page layout & design.
- Photoshop plug-in to reduce noise & grain.
- Multi-technique animation software for hobbyists, students and ...
- Process and modify PDF files in Mac OS.
- Folder comparison tool.
- Design home and office interiors on Mac.
- Microsoft Word filter exports to Quark files.
- Small app that modifies cropping rectangles of a PDF file.
- 2D CAD product to create, edit and view DWG files.
- Synchronize contents of two folders.
- Seamlessly Convert PDF to Editable PowerPoint on Mac OS X.
- PDF to InDesign conversion plug-in.
- Transform your QuarkXPress, Page-Maker and Adobe InDesign docum...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content