CNET Editors' review
Nothing is more frustrating than trying to mass print documents with various settings one at a time. BatchOutput PDF for Mac seeks to fix this problem by helping you print multiple PDF files at one time with modifiable settings.
BatchOutput PDF for Mac is customizable but is only able to work with PDF documents. The interface allows you to drag and drop individual files into the queue. Each batch you create can have its own unique printing feature configurations. Printer configurations include copy number, pages, shrinking, page setup, layout, and other printer-specific features. The only real bad thing about this program is that you cannot save the print settings. However, the full version of the program allows you to save print configurations to hot folders that remain active. The free version is a partial copy of the program that you can use for a trial period of 30 days. The full version of the program retails for $24.95.
BatchOutput PDF for Mac is an effective time-saving program for dealing with complex and large print jobs made up of PDF files. Unfortunately, the inability to save settings makes the free version only appropriate for personal use. The configurable hot folders in the full version would make that version suitable for an office environment.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of BatchOutput PDF for Mac 2.0.1.
From Zevrix Solutions:
BatchOutput PDF prints PDF files automatically from watched hot folders. Create hot folders for various printing settings, then just drop PDFs there, and BatchOutput PDF will do the rest for you. Keep working with other programs while BatchOutput PDF prints dozens of files in the background. Save time and hassle of opening and printing each PDF manually.
Two licenses are available: BatchOutput PDF and BatchOutput PDF Server. BatchOutput PDF Server allows you to create hot folders on network volumes and in shared folders, which lets you serve multiple users with a single copy of the software.
Watched hot folders for various printing settings
Print presets (linked to hot folders)
A separate Server license which allows to create hot folders on a network
Serve multiple users with a single copy of BatchOutput PDF Server
Post-processing (move/delete jobs)
BatchOutput PDF 1.x users can upgrade to the new version at a discount.
What's new in this version:
- [fixed] Fixed an issue in which certain printer features for some Konica Minolta printers weren't displayed.
- [fixed] Fixed an issue where file names with some special characters could be missing from history.
More Products to Consider
- Create or download 3D models.
- Create and process PDF documents.
- Create or download 3D models.
- Convert PDF to most formats including word documents, images, a...
- Convert PDF files to various formats.
- Paint app similar to MacPaint & Microsoft Paint.
- 3D modeling, animation & rendering tool.
- Outline home plans, lay out furniture & view the results in 3D.
- Create various architectural designs.
- Edit, convert, and annotate PDF files.
- Page layout & design.
- Explore new paths with this vector tool.
- View, mark-up, print, save .dwg as pdf.
- Convert PDFs and images to text via OCR.
- Design home and office interiors on Mac.
- Process and modify PDF files in Mac OS.
- Fixes invalid file dates.
- Folder comparison tool.
- Lets you print or save selected text from web pages.
- Work with CDR files on your Mac.
- FTP tool monitors a hot folder to auto upload files placed in i...
- Microsoft Word filter exports to Quark files.
- Join multiple PDF files into one single PDF file.
- Hotline server bot.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content