CNET Editors' review
Nothing is more frustrating than trying to mass print documents with various settings one at a time. BatchOutput PDF for Mac seeks to fix this problem by helping you print multiple PDF files at one time with modifiable settings.
BatchOutput PDF for Mac is customizable but is only able to work with PDF documents. The interface allows you to drag and drop individual files into the queue. Each batch you create can have its own unique printing feature configurations. Printer configurations include copy number, pages, shrinking, page setup, layout, and other printer-specific features. The only real bad thing about this program is that you cannot save the print settings. However, the full version of the program allows you to save print configurations to hot folders that remain active. The free version is a partial copy of the program that you can use for a trial period of 30 days. The full version of the program retails for $24.95.
BatchOutput PDF for Mac is an effective time-saving program for dealing with complex and large print jobs made up of PDF files. Unfortunately, the inability to save settings makes the free version only appropriate for personal use. The configurable hot folders in the full version would make that version suitable for an office environment.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of BatchOutput PDF for Mac 2.0.1.
From Zevrix Solutions:
BatchOutput PDF prints PDF files automatically from watched hot folders. Create hot folders for various printing settings, then just drop PDFs there, and BatchOutput PDF will do the rest for you. Keep working with other programs while BatchOutput PDF prints dozens of files in the background. Save time and hassle of opening and printing each PDF manually.
Two licenses are available: BatchOutput PDF and BatchOutput PDF Server. BatchOutput PDF Server allows you to create hot folders on network volumes and in shared folders, which lets you serve multiple users with a single copy of the software.
KEY FEATURES: Watched hot folders for various printing settings, print presets (linked to hot folders), serve multiple users (BatchOutput PDF Server only), post-processing (move/delete jobs), history.
What's new in this version:
- [updated] Support for Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- [fixed] Fixed an issue in which an error could occur if printer's name contained a colon.
- [fixed] Fixed an issue related to certain special characters in the group names of printer features.
More Products to Consider
- Create or download 3D models.
- Create and process PDF documents.
- Convert PDF files to various formats.
- Outline home plans, lay out furniture & view the results in 3D.
- Create or download 3D models.
- 3D modeling, animation & rendering tool.
- Reduce size of InDesign links; convert colors, formats & more.
- Batch process images.
- Paint app similar to MacPaint & Microsoft Paint.
- Capture stop frame animation, motion design and special effects...
- Create various architectural designs.
- Create 3D graphics and animations.
- Automate printing and exporting from InDesign.
- Explore new paths with this vector tool.
- Photoshop plugin sharpens out-of-focus images.
- Work with CDR files on your Mac.
- Folder comparison tool.
- Automate InDesign output with hot folders.
- Convert PDFs and images to text via OCR.
- Quickly build perspective grids and other utilities for drawing...
- Page layout & design.
- Synchronize contents of two folders.
- Create your own vector graphics and illustrations.
- Convert Quark files to Adobe InDesign CC, CS6, CS5.5 and CS5.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content