CNET Editors' review
Basketball coaches have a lot to keep track of, and who's playing when in each game is one of the most critical pieces of information. Basketball Roster Organizer is a simple program that can help coaches plot the starting lineup for each quarter of each game and analyze the performance of past lineups. It's not a particularly sophisticated piece of software, but it's easy to use.
Basketball Roster Organizer has a straightforward interface. Clicking New Game Roster presented us with a series of drop-down menus containing the names of each player on the team; from these we simply selected who was playing each position, who was subbing, and who was on the bench for each quarter. The program comes with a sample team file that already has names in the list, but to create your own team, simply type the names into the menu bar text boxes; the program will save them automatically.
Rosters can be printed before each game, making them easy to take along with you. For each roster you can record the date, the opponent, the score, and whether the game was a win or a loss, making Basketball Roster Organizer a useful tool for analyzing past performances. The program comes with a built-in Help file, but we suspect that most people will be able to figure it out without too much assistance. Overall, we think that Basketball Roster Organizer is a simple but useful tool for coaches of youth and intramural teams, and we recommend it.
Basketball Roster Organizer installs politely but leaves a folder behind upon removal.
As a basketball coach there are certain chores you must to do get to the fun stuff, playing and coaching basketball. This software can help coaches of youth and kids basketball teams to plan their season. You can enter the teams full roster and starting line-up for each quarter for each game. The roster can be printed out so there will not be any confusion at the start of each quarter who is to be in the game and who is on the bench. The information is good for planning upcoming games, but also for reviewing past games. See which group of players performs the best together and against what type of competition. Also, it can be used to track playing time and positions for the entire season. The data is all right there, so you will not have to try and remember what happened six weeks ago. Game results, date, and opponent fields are also available. Basketball Roster Assistant was programmed to be simple. As you enter new players into a line-up, they are automatically put into the main team roster. From then on their name will be available via a pull down menu on the roster editing or entry page. The software is freeware and is, therefore, free to download with all features included.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2.1 is a bug fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Watch and record online TV Channels worldwide, Justin.tv channe...
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Correct deficiencies of room acoustics using multipoint compens...
- Manage HTPC and play your favorite media from anywhere.
- Tune up acoustic and electric guitars.
- Predict horse race results with accuracy.
- Convert RM to MP3, MPEG to MP3, and other video to audio format...
- Draw a random photo or number for a raffle.
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Search and watch latest movie trailers.
- Watch DStv Mobiles DVB-H mobile television broadcast on Windows...
- Transfer music and playlists from iPod to any computer.
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Keep track of Mega Millions Lottery drawings.
- Play as one of six top football clubs in a match at Arsenal's E...
- Analyze you and your partner inherent characteristics to judge ...
- Design and run tournaments very easily.
- Return to one of the most advanced soccer simulations with this...
- Record your favorite Netflix movies or Hulu shows and watch the...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content