CNET Editors' review
BasicMouse BasicBoard BasicBrowser allows users to disable mouse and keyboard functions in order to control the computer activities of children or student users. The program also includes a special browser that gives access to only Web sites approved by the user.
The interface is fairly straightforward, with a series of check boxes that allow users to select which functions they want to change or disable. The Help file comes as a PDF and is sufficiently helpful, though it could stand to be more detailed. For a program that is marketed as a parental control, we expected more information about how the program's functions are actually useful, but perhaps that is for parents to figure out. The program's features do allow for comprehensive control of the mouse and keyboard. For example, users can disable the right or left mouse button or scroll wheel, or merge the buttons so that they all function as the left button. The keyboard options allow users to disable any and all keys on the keyboard. Users can set the program to run in the background so that it is not easily detected and can have the restricted BasicBrowser launch automatically. A password can be set to prevent users from disabling the program without permission.
BasicMouse has a 30-day trial period, which should be ample time for users to try it out. It creates a desktop icon without asking, but it does uninstall cleanly. We recommend this program for any users who need to restrict mouse or keyboard use on their computer.
BasicMouse allows parents and teachers to restrict several functions of the computer mouse and keyboard. The right mouse button can be switched off completely, all buttons can be set to send left-clicks, mouse clicks can be restricted to a particular area of the screen. BasicBrowser let's kids and students surf safer. A really useful program for students and kids who are still learning to use the computer.
What's new in this version: Version 5.4 has configuration Wizard and Super Kiosk Mode.
More Products to Consider
- Create a media database containing all your collections.
- Repeatedly click a spot on the screen automatically.
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Your digital bookshelf.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Convert .BAT files into .EXE files in one click.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Control the functions of the mouse even physically disabled.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Gulp flies with this mouse-controlled frog.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Create your affiliate promotional pages.
- Print passport photo and ID photo.
- Set an icon, background image, and description for your folders...
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Automate mouse clicks and text typing in or outside of FileMake...
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Try this program designed to make it easier for people with dis...
- Drive mosquitoes away with your PC by playing an ultra sound.
- Automate ang manage mouse clicks.
- Customize and automate mouse clicks.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Restrict unwanted right mouse click menus and wheel scrolls win...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Simple and effective, makes using a computer easier for some people"
Version: BasicMouse BasicBoard BasicBrowser 2.5
In contrast to the editor's review I didn't encounter bugs / errors or any of that kind, I tested it on XP as well as on Vista.
I defintely not going to let my kids play on the computer without it, bm removes all distracting extra functions and restores what the mouse was originally intented for 'point and click'. I think lots of people can benefit using this software!