BRU for Mac OS X is based upon our BRU 17.0 I/O engine (available in the Unix world since 1985) and includes all of the features of the command line BRU CLI product.
BRU for Mac OS X adds a full Aqua-HI compliant interface for BRU under mac OS X.
- Supports all OS X file types, including CFM and Mach-O binaries, Resource forks, Finder Info, and case-sensitive filenames under the new HFS+ Panther Server filesystem.
- Backup and restore of all Unix permissions.
- Supports archives that exceed one terabyte (1TB) and do not have a limit on the size of catalog that can be created.
- Not dependent upon disk-based information, such as "save sets", for restores.
- Supports full backup of live systems.
- Provides "Smart Restore?" which allows you to restore a backup to a live system without crashing the system.
- Automatically verifies backups using AUTOSCAN? Verify - an out-of-band verification process that allows reduced backup window requirements.
In addition to the graphical application, all of the command line functionality is still included at no additional cost.
What's new in this version:
- UI now allows you to resize the listboxes on the Backup, Restore, and Verify panels in relationship to one another to improve the viewing of the data presented.
- Importing unknown tapes has been changed. The import process now only works with standalone tape drives (even if they are within a library). To import an unknown tape, select the tape drive that you will be using and load the tape to be imported into the drive. Once the tape is ready, use the "Import Unknown Tape" ra... See all new features »