CNET Editors' reviewThis narrowly focused yet competent program quickly calculates the beats per minute of songs in your music collection. BPM Detector Pro's interface is nothing to write home about in terms of appearance, but using it is straightforward enough. You just browse to the folder where your tunes live, choose a track, and hit the Go Button. In just a few seconds, you'll see the BPM show up as a green number to the left of the track name. We should note the demo won't work with CDs or WAVs, and restricts you to three MP3s per session. You can have the application automatically append the BPM number to the track name, or locate like-paced songs by applying filters. If you want to take matters into your own hands, you can tap out the pulse with your mouse. However, you should already have a good handle on timing before you use this application, as the help files are pretty thin. We can see how BPM Detector Pro could benefit cover bands, DJs, and party hosts looking to keep the dance floor bumping.
From BPM DETECTOR PRO:
BPM Detector Pro is DJ-oriented, automatic, beat-per-minute detecting software (BPM counter). Its concept is simple yet very powerful. Designed with the CD and PC DJ in mind, it surely will be a helpful tool to get fast BPM information out of your entire music collection. Forget manual tapping and let our software do it for you. The application also generates a text file with all the BPM information.
More Products to Consider
- Determine the exact BPM (beats per minute) of any song and upda...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Tap your keyboard along with music to determine tempo or beats ...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Calculate the BPM of a tempo.
- Explore creative possibilities of digital mixing.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Arrange beat patterns of Indian classical music visually.
- Access up-to-date information about your cell-phone minutes.
- Play checkers with Japanese-inspired graphics and music.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Detect repetitions that a text may include.
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Find the beat of Salsa music.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Cruise the galaxy while singing songs.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"User friendly BPM DJ tool!"
Version: BPM Detector Pro 1.02
I did some music files organizing recently and saved them to wav files. I needed a software that can get the BPMs for me so that I can see them faster when printed on the label cause I don't have or use a Serato or Traktor to use a laptop with. BPM Detector Pro did if for me on auto pilot unlike mixmeister that it can only gather info but not rename the file for you with the BPM on it. BPM Detector Pro first analyzed them to gather info and if you want to rename the file by adding a the BPM it will ask you. A real great help and it only costs $25! It supports wavs,MP3s and other files. Although I use the S3500 which has a bpm counter, it's still a big help if I am not familiar with the songs bpm that I'm grabbing from the CD binder. I'm retired at this and I'm not updated to the latest tunes that's why .