BOINC is a software platform for distributed computing using volunteered computer resources. Many different projects can use BOINC. Projects are independent; each one operates its own servers and databases. Participants can participate in multiple projects; they control which projects they participate in, and how their resources are divided among these projects. When a project is down or has no work, the resources of its participants are divided among other projects.
What's new in this version:
- CPU model string includes Family/Model/Stepping.
- Fix errors if detach project while file transfers active.
- Limits on # of file transfers apply to uploads and downloads separately.
- Add checkpoint_debug log flag.
- Set processor affinity mask for benchmark threads (Windows)
- Disable connection caching in Curl.
- Add 'Detach when done' flag to projects (for clean detach, e.g. from account manager).
- Delete all files when detach... See all new features »