From Bigger Words:
BIGWORDS.com: The SMARTEST way to buy, rent or sell textbooks. V. 2.0 supports iPad, textbook buyback, rentals, and eBooks! BIGWORDS saves about $225 on multi-item textbook orders. WE DONT SELL ANYTHING. We find the cheapest textbooks to buy or rent by comparing prices at every good online textbook store. Mashable.com 8/25/09: Back to School: #1, Top 10 iPhone Apps for Students TUAW.com: "BIGWORDS.com and the BIGWORDS.com app are welcome additions to the quest of buying books... you will save money using this app... I really like the BIGWORDS.com app. Its simple, straightforward and will save you money." New York Times App of the Week, 8/18/09: "...a savings of more than 35 percent over buying online without its search engine." Chicago Tribune 8/23/09 says: "...there are at least a half-dozen Web sites that sell used books in good condition... You can search each of these sites individually, or you can [use] bigwords.com, which offers one-stop shopping." The BIGWORDS Uber-BOT textbook price comparison uses Multi-Item Price Optimization(tm) to maximize promotions and minimize shipping, providing the lowest total cost for your entire textbook order. Buy, rent, or sell textbooks: New, used, rentals - Theyre all considered and calculated automatically to save you the most money. ...And thats not all. Its not exactly Snuggie, but itll give you the same warm fuzzy feeling when you realize how well youre stickin it to the bookstore man. If we find books from sellers with low feedback scores, well strip them out for you! Book looks like its been run over by a truck? Not a problem! Well ignore it. Whats that? You dont care if it was run over by a truck and fell into a sewer? Well show you the very dirt-cheapest textbooks. Nobody, and I mean nobody, does textbooks like this. We slice em, we dice em, we find the cheapest copies of the right textbooks so YOU dont have to spend your hard earned cash OR spend hours scouring the Internet for deals. This thing cleans up textbook prices like a Sham Wow does grape juice. Voted most important app by all of us who built it, we believe you will be as overjoyed as we were when it started working. In fact, were so sure youll be completely satisfied that were giving it away FREE! Not a limited time offer. This thing is free and its going to stay free, because we love and respect you, student kind. Multi-Item Price Optimization(tm) is a process which calculates the total price for every permutation (combination) of books and stores, taking into consideration shipping and promotions for each combination, thereby finding the lowest total price for your entire order. Its why we save students $225 on average multi-item orders. - Searches all the best textbook stores: Abebooks, Alibris, Amazon, BetterWorld, Biblio, Barnes and Noble, Bookbyte, Bookrenter, Chegg, CourseSmart, eBay, eCampus, FirstClassBooks, half.com, textbooks.com, sellbackyourbooks.com, TextbookX, TextbooksNow, TextbooksRUs, Valore Books.
- Automatically calculates all promotions, coupons, and shipping
- Allows you to ignore any copy or seller - the app will find the next copy
- Set your own shipping speed
- Select whether to include used, marketplaces, international editions, rentals, or guaranteed buybacks
- Affinity program support for Amazon Prime, Barnes and Noble Membership, half.com, etc.
- Buy from the merchants inside the app, or email a link to yourself
- Share feature allows you to send bookbags to friends or other students
- Searches domains: abebooks.com, alibris.com, amazon.com, betterworld.com, biblio.com, bn.com, bookbyte.com, bookrenter.com, cbdirect.com, chegg.com, coursesmart.com, ebay.com, ecampus.com, firstclassbooks.com, half.com, textbooks.com, sellbackyourbooks.com, textbookx.com, textbooksnow.com, textbooksrus.com, valore.com
- calculates textbook buyback too, so you can get up 75% back!
What's new in this version:
- Now built for iPad and iPhone
- More buyback stores
- More rental stores
- just a bit oranger