A newer version of AweSync is available.Or, Learn More About AweSync
Full user review
"Major shortcomings when syncing LN "ToDo" and "Journal""
AweSync 4.11 does a good job of syncing the LN (Lotus Notes 8.5) and Google "calendars" and "contacts", as would be expected.
However, when is comes to syncing the LN "ToDo" and Google "Tasks", or the LN "Journal" and Google "Documents", there indeed appears to be some serious shortcomings, for example:
(1) Lotus Notes "ToDo" entries are getting TRUNCATED at the 8K mark (NOTE: I have opened a bug report/service request to have this artificial LIMITATION either 'removed' or 'externalzed' as just another setting.)
(2) Lotus Notes "Journal" documents (multi-line) are ending-up in Google as a single-line Document..just one single continuous string of characters (NOTE: Apparently this is a known problem, which has yet to be resolved, hopefully.)
In my opinion I think AweSync (currently v4.11) has the potential of becoming 'the ultimate' in Lotus Notes/Google sync solutions; however, some of the core functionality issues will first need to be resolved, which will be soon, hopefully.KUDOS! to AweSync customer service / product support!
Updated on Jan 6, 2012
- my original rating: 2+ stars.
- my revised rating: 4+ stars!!!
WOW! the AweSync development team is amazingly responsive!
- my issue with "Journal" syncing has been resolved!
- my issue with "ToDo" syncing is currently being worked on!
Thank you AweSync for such a 'winner' of a product and the 'amazingly' responsive support!
Keep up the great work!!!