AutoHotkey is a free, open source utility for Windows.
With AutoHotkey, you can:
- Automate almost anything by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks. You can write a mouse or keyboard macro by hand or use the macro recorder.
- Create hotkeys for keyboard, joystick, and mouse. Virtually any key, button, or combination can become a hotkey.
- Expand abbreviations as you type them. For example, typing "btw" can automatically produce "by the way".
- Create custom data entry forms, user interfaces, and menu bars. See GUI for details.
- Remap keys and buttons on your keyboard, joystick, and mouse.
- Run existing AutoIt v2 scripts and enhance them with new capabilities.
- Convert any script into an EXE file that can be run on computers that don't have AutoHotkey installed.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed crash of A_ScriptDir (broken by 1.0.42.01).
- Fixed Run/RunWait's passing of an extra space character at the end of the parameter list when launching shortcuts. [thanks arbe]