CNET Editors' reviewThe phrase one-trick pony comes pretty close to describing the anemic functionality of Audio CD Copier. Basically, the application rips an audio CD to a temporary WAV file, then burns it to another disc. Keeping with the minimalist theme is the absolutely drab interface, highlighted by a Start button, some progress bars, and a field for selecting a CD burner. The program does make quick work of copying discs by automating the few steps required and prompting the user for a blank CD when the time comes. Despite fulfilling its requirements, the program has a near-total lack of features that makes it a tough sell, especially when so many similar apps can do so much more.
From Cheetah Websites:
The Audio CD Copier is an easy to use one click solution for copying any Audio CD. It is very fast and installs in about 5 seconds. Just insert a CD and click the copy button for a quick no hassle Audio CD Copy. Version 1.22 is updated to be compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7. It also has some bug fixes, improvements to the user interface, and much faster audio ripping code.
What's new in this version: Version 1.22 is updated to be compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7. It also has some bug fixes, improvements to the user interface, and much faster audio ripping code.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Convert your MP3 files fast and easily.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Record your own voice, music, or any other internal / external ...
- All-in-one digital audio application to extract audio from vide...
- Convert WMA/WMV/ASF files to MP3.
- Set up a virtual sound card that lets you broadcast/record/conn...
- Download YouTube videos and convert them into MP3 files.
- Play your favorite audio and video files on PC.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 file.
- Convert between CUE sheet format files.
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 15 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Works ok - unless you need to re-install"
Version: Audio CD Copier 1.22
Installed initially for a blind client who needed a simple CD copier - worked fine.
User purchased new PC and retained the license key. Reinstalled trial and there was no place to enter the registration key. Attempted several times to contact manufacturer without success.
Pretty upsetting to pay for something that you cannot transfer to a new PC. I would gladly pay extra for a File - Options - Window - HELP menu where you can easily register the product or reach out to customer service and actually get a response.
Functionally program does as advertised... just don't upgrade your computer EVER!!! :-)
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content