Audacity is an open source, cross-platform audio editor and recorder. Audacity can record and play sounds and import and export WAV, AIFF, MP3, and OGG files. Edit your sounds using cut, copy, and paste features (with unlimited undo functionality), mix tracks, or apply effects to your recordings. Audacity also has a built-in amplitude-envelope editor, a customizable spectrogram mode, and a frequency-analysis window for audio-analysis applications.
What's new in this version:
- Better user interface for Keyboard Preferences.
- Streamlining of several Menus.
- LV2 now supported on all platforms, and improved VST settings interface.
- Translations updated, including adding Tamil language.
- Other improvements, including to import/export and ease of installation on Mac OS X.
- User interface bug fixes to Region Restore, dragging selections, and many... See all new features »