CNET Editors' review
This application is supposed to help you create crossword puzzles, but its overly complex interface requires some time to master. Arensus Crossword Puzzle Editor's busy interface is packed with design tools to build your crosswords. Sample puzzles and wizards help ease the learning curve, but the unintuitive interface adds an unnecessary level of complexity. Answers and clues draw from a database, and a sample is included, but you'll still need to spend some time adding your own entries.
You can manually build puzzles, or create them automatically. The program offers a satisfying number of export formats, including GIF, PNG, PDF, and HTML, but the trial version places a watermark on your creations. You also can publish your crosswords online as Java applets.
Although we were able to save puzzles, an error occurred each time during the process. Arensus Crossword Puzzle Editor runs in Java and slowed test machines down to a slow crawl. While diehard puzzle fans looking for a way to publish online might be willing to spend the necessary time to figure this app out, most will want an easier way to build their crossword puzzles.
From Tea Sign:
Create custom crossword puzzles fully automatically using your own databases or built in clue-answer dictionaries. Puzzles can be exported as JPEG, PNG, EPS, PDF and HTML or published as Online-Game with popular TooHot Open Source Java Applet.
What's new in this version: This is the first version of Arensus Crossword Puzzle Editor on CNET Download.com
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Play MPEG-4 movies with AAC sound with latest version of Apple'...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Track, report and share information using database solutions.
- Split PDF document page by page.
- Play 450 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Surf the Web with the latest Microsoft browser for Windows XP o...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Convert among PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Flash video fil...
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very hard to get to grips with, not at all intuitive."
Version: Arensus Crossword Puzzle Editor 1.1.7
It works without crashing, and if you persevere, you can get it to do what you want.
It is fantasically difficult to work out how to use the program. The interface has been made unnecessarily complex X 1000.