CNET Editors' review
This application is supposed to help you create crossword puzzles, but its overly complex interface requires some time to master. Arensus Crossword Puzzle Editor's busy interface is packed with design tools to build your crosswords. Sample puzzles and wizards help ease the learning curve, but the unintuitive interface adds an unnecessary level of complexity. Answers and clues draw from a database, and a sample is included, but you'll still need to spend some time adding your own entries.
You can manually build puzzles, or create them automatically. The program offers a satisfying number of export formats, including GIF, PNG, PDF, and HTML, but the trial version places a watermark on your creations. You also can publish your crosswords online as Java applets.
Although we were able to save puzzles, an error occurred each time during the process. Arensus Crossword Puzzle Editor runs in Java and slowed test machines down to a slow crawl. While diehard puzzle fans looking for a way to publish online might be willing to spend the necessary time to figure this app out, most will want an easier way to build their crossword puzzles.
From Tea Sign:
Create custom crossword puzzles fully automatically using your own databases or built in clue-answer dictionaries. Puzzles can be exported as JPEG, PNG, EPS, PDF and HTML or published as Online-Game with popular TooHot Open Source Java Applet.
What's new in this version: This is the first version of Arensus Crossword Puzzle Editor on CNET Download.com
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Generate and solve Sudoku puzzles.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Promote yourself and your business online using crossword puzzl...
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Create tests, math worksheets, crossword puzzles, and word sear...
- Play thematic crossword puzzles and create your custom crosswor...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Generate an infinite number of sudoku puzzles.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Solve 100,000 crossword puzzles, that can be played on your com...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Run crossword puzzles created by Crossword Express.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Create Sudoku puzzles that can be solved without guessing.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Write the clues in cryptic crosswords.
- Solve crosswords and word puzzles.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very hard to get to grips with, not at all intuitive."
Version: Arensus Crossword Puzzle Editor 1.1.7
It works without crashing, and if you persevere, you can get it to do what you want.
It is fantasically difficult to work out how to use the program. The interface has been made unnecessarily complex X 1000.