Arc-Flash-Analytic v 5.0 software tool has been developed based on IEEE 1584 Guide for Performing Arc-Flash Hazard Calculations as an easy to use and comprehensive instrument for calculating arc incident energy, arc flash boundary, determining limited, restricted and prohibited approach boundaries, hazard risk category required by National Electrical Code, Canadian Electrical Code and OSHA when work is to be performed on or near the energized equipment. Also, the program allows to calculate initial pressure generated by arc blast and arc flash TNT ( Tri-Nitro-Toluen ) equivalent. IEEE 1584 Empirical Model calculation mode has been extended to include circuit protection device drop down list. The program will populate the list with protection devices meeting the application's system voltage and interrupting rating requirements. AFA v5.0 comes accompanied with built-in library of selected protection devices and capability to extent the library with customer specific devices. The program will automatically determine arc duration based on predicted arcing current value and selected protective device type. AFA v5.0 program allows to perform arc flash boundary calculations based on 1.2 cal/cm^2 (5 Joules/cm^2) onset energy to second degree burn for bare skin exposure per IEEE 1584 Guide, other incident energy levels as well such as the rating of proposed personal protective equipment, or evaluated onset to second degree burn energy.
What's new in this version:
- Built-in circuit protection library was populated with 800+ more fuses and circuit breakers.
- Part of Available 3-Phase Short Circuit Current Through Protection Device entry field has been added.
- Insulating glove class is now determined.
- Designate upper limit of arc duration in the range from 2 to 10 seconds for incident energy and arc flash boundary calculations. The limit was set to two (2) seconds in previous software editions.
- Arc flash label templates are now av... See all new features »