The PowerBook G4 Titanium DVD-ROM Update improves support for the insertion and mounting of optical media. The DVD-ROM Update places new firmware on the Apple DVD-ROM drive installed in PowerBook G4 Titanium computers.
Updating Your DVD-ROM Firmware
To update the firmware on your DVD-ROM drive, follow these steps:
- Make sure your PowerBook's power cord is connected and plugged into a working power source.
- Save all open documents and quit all applications.
- If a disc is in the DVD-ROM drive, eject it by dragging its icon to the Trash.
- Open the DVD-ROM Update application by double-clicking the icon.
- When you see the opening dialog box, click Continue to update the drive firmware.
- Once the firmware is updated, the Update application quits. Restart your computer.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Screen capture utility.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- For June 2009 MacBook Pro.
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Data recovery software.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
- Panther fix for Other World Computing/Oxford drives.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Recover your lost data.
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manage .DS_Store files, resource forks, trash, etc.
- For the early 2009 unibody 17" Macbook Pro.
- For Xserve (Early 2009) computers.