The PowerBook G4 Titanium DVD-ROM Update improves support for the insertion and mounting of optical media. The DVD-ROM Update places new firmware on the Apple DVD-ROM drive installed in PowerBook G4 Titanium computers.
Updating Your DVD-ROM Firmware
To update the firmware on your DVD-ROM drive, follow these steps:
- Make sure your PowerBook's power cord is connected and plugged into a working power source.
- Save all open documents and quit all applications.
- If a disc is in the DVD-ROM drive, eject it by dragging its icon to the Trash.
- Open the DVD-ROM Update application by double-clicking the icon.
- When you see the opening dialog box, click Continue to update the drive firmware.
- Once the firmware is updated, the Update application quits. Restart your computer.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Data recovery software.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- For June 2009 MacBook Pro.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Unarchive OS X from Previous System folders.
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- Panther fix for Other World Computing/Oxford drives.
- Chop up large files or applications into floppy-sized pieces.
- Update Mac OS 8 for better performance.
- Remove apps, data, and other unnecessary junk.
- For the early 2009 unibody 17" Macbook Pro.
- Get this firmware update for iMacs with slot-loading CD or DVD ...