Date Added:Jul. 10, 2015
Downloads Last Week:102
Product ranking:#13 in Uninstallers
I couldn't install on my laptop
Malware attached. Mt anti virus software blocked installation.
- Simple, no installation required
- Simplifies the process of removing AV and other security software
- Extremely helpful when an AV program refuses to uninstall, or only uninstalls partially
Have just run it on a machine and it did not notice that Malwarebytes Antimalware free was installed. In fairness, I've used it many times before and have never come across such a problem.
Great little program which is part of my arsenal for maintaining PCs.
scan was very fast
it failed to find anything, I have 3 things installed but none of the were detected?
Looks nice, saw the tiny piece of Symantec Antivirus left
- upon install, it asks to install browser bar software. If I wanted that junk I'd install it on my own. The steps to actual install were 3-4 stages longer than it should have been.
- Crashes more times than not
- The one time it didn't crash, and got to 100% (of scanning? removing? not sure!) it took 6 HOURS (that's SIX HOURS) and during that time I didn't dare touch the PC in case it'd crash again. I was hoping that this time Symantec would be gone.
- I started with Symantec basically gone from the system but something was triggering the .msi file and it kept trying to install the program. AFTER RUNNING APPREMOVER Symantec Antivirus is now INSTALLED on the computer (and it's tray icon is sitting there staring at me)
- I want those 10 hours of my life back (4 for the continual crashes and 6 for the final program run).
This is for my mom's computer. Makes me glad I use Linux. I'm trying the other uninstallers now.
- Fast and effective
- Very small application
- Free to use
No cons... everything worked great!
I was unable to uninstall my old antivirus, until I found AppRemover. This FREE application allows you to easily and completely remove antivirus, antispyware and other security applications. It was very easy to install and use, and, more importantly, worked great! I'd highly recommend it to people who want to replace their antivirus software.
Fast, simple and powerful uninstaller.
Any cons from my point of view - product effectively fulfilled my expectations without any errors.
I mostly appreciated simplicity of the product. Uninstalling AV on few clicks is what I was looking for. Many recommendations from me, I won't hesitate use it again.
NONE! stay away from this one.
When I tried to uninstall my ESET AV (using version 2.2.20) it detected an "unknown" additional product. after uninstall my computer would not boot and I could not repair it. I had to reinstall windows (well, now my AV is indeed uninstalled).
Use the installer that comes with your antivirus program or other programs. don't touch this.
couldn't run it to find out.
Looks like virus to Norton Security Suite
Downloaded file cnet_appremover_exe.exe from cnet.com. Norton Security Suite 5.1 Download Insight immediately diagnosed it as WS.Viral.1 virus and removed it. It may be okay but would you take a chance? I won't.
Updated on Sep 7, 2011
Nothing that I have found.
Used it to remove an old Security Program and after it was removed my computer would not even post of boot.
App Killer to stop those pesky background programs from slowing down processor.
A little more complicated than the average novice can operate.
Good tool . but take the time to familiarize yourself with the settings.
Add Your Review
Update Your Review
Submit Your Reply
E-mail This Review
Report Offensive Content
|Publisher web site||http://www.opswat.com|
|Release Date||July 10, 2015|
|Date Added||July 10, 2015|
|Category||Utilities & Operating Systems|
|Operating Systems||Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Server 2008/7/8|
|Downloads Last Week||102|