CNET Editors' review
AoA DVD Ripper sports an interface simple enough to use without consulting the Help file and powerful enough to batch rip DVDs and convert them for portable devices all in one fell swoop. It can also rip specific and user-defined scenes from movies, making it eminently useful in grabbing a particular scene for further study or enjoyment.
The spreadsheet layout is complemented not by tabs, as is the current style, but by helpful numbered buttons and steps. Export formats include the basics like AVI, WMV, and MPEG, as well as FLV, MP4, VCD, and SVCD. You can also use it to extract audio tracks, great for grabbing those memorable quotes. The audio codec used is user-determined, as is the video codec, giving the solid program a bit of a boost in the customization department. You can also set the aspect ratio and tweak other settings if need be.
Users have noted that their customer service has been quick and responsive in the past, and that the registration code works for at least several upgrades--if not longer. All of this makes AoA a highly recommended DVD ripper. Hopefully future editions will support the nascent Blu-ray and AoA will make it to the next generation of movie lovers.
From AoA Media:
AoA DVD Ripper provides a fast and easy way to convert your DVD movies or just the parts of the movie that you want. It copies in high quality AVI (DivX, XviD), WMV (Zune, Pocket PC), 3GP (Mobile), MP4 (iPod, iPad, iPhone, PSP, Apple TV, and MP4 Player), Flash Video (*.flv),VCD (MPEG-1) and SVCD (MPEG-2) formats. It also extracts audio tracks from DVD movies. You can take your favorite DVDs on the plane, train or automobile, watch them on your computer, laptop, iPhone, iPod, PSP, pocket PC, mobile or MP4 player on vacation, at work or at school.
AoA DVD Ripper is an all-in-one solution to your music and video needs. There's no need to buy or learn to use more than one multimedia computer program for various devices.
What's new in this version: Version 5.4.3 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Create and convert video to DVD with quality.
- Burn audio and data CDs, video DVDs, and Blu-ray data discs.
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
- Burn, copy, write and erase your DVD / CD.
- Convert AVI, MKV, DivX, and XviD files to DVD format.
- Convert and burn AVI, MPEG, VOB, DAT, M2V, MPG files to DVD-Vid...
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Write prepared DVD videos, files, folders to a DVD.
- Create DVD video disks.
- Mount ISO, make bootable ISO image, burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.
- Convert and burn video files to Blu-ray discs (BDMV) & DVDs (AV...
- Convert and edit your video files adding slide shows and titles...
All versions:3.1 stars
out of 224 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"When settings are right does a good job."
Version: AoA DVD Ripper SE 5.4.3
If you havethe settings right for any given conversion, it seems able to rip nearly all DVDs you can chuck at it.
If you have the wrong settings (and I can find no definitive way of getting the right settings other than by trial and error or sticking with the defaults (not big enough on PC) you usually end up with good picture and sound that is out of sync.
I have pretty much given up on AOA even though I paid for the full version and tend to use Slysoft's AnyDVD/CloneDVD mobile. Though that program has a few problems with certain DVDs (Terminator 2, Cars and Memoirs of a Geisha for example). The big plus with CloneDVD mobile is that it usually tanscodes perfectly and the sound is not out, but there are some it just cannot transcode. AOA DVD Ripper seems to be able to read most DVDs but I seem to be constantly deleting the rips because the sound is out by anything up to a few seconds. Which is VERY frustrating when you have spent 2 hours ripping a DVD only to end up deleting the output file.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content