Version: Anthracite Web Mining Desktop Toolkit 1.2
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
I have used webscraper 3.0, SiteSucker, and several other products.
I like Anthracite for several reasons,
1. I get to design what it is that I extract down to the last detail!
2. It runs fast
3. Joe is helpful, no really I mean it.
** in support of this statement, Joe helped me walk thru a problem I was having during my eval period, three emails and I am sure an hour or so of "actual" work. --- In response to the "I dont know what the limitations are on the demo...so I trashed it" There are not any, I used the product for "longer" than the timelimit and paid for it because I like it.
4. its very flexible, I also don't like it for that reason, I would rather not write REGEX expressions:-)
I think that there are a few things that would make this a stellar product:
1. better update notices, they sit in the terminal window:-(
2. better documentation (but who cant use that?)
3. It (on my system) freaks out on large files... 30mb and larger.
4. easier ability to download the update, unless I am missing something. its the only reason I am back here is to download .3.
Anyway, if you can write or learn to write scripts and you know what you want to do, then this is the product for you. I just hope Joe doesn't force me to move to 10.4!! (you reading this Joe?)
Reply to this review
Was this review helpful?