CNET Editors' review
Annuities are a popular way to invest your money, especially if you're risk-averse and like the security of having a guaranteed income from your investments. Annuity Calculator for Excel is a simple Excel workbook that can help you determine exactly what you can expect your annuity income to look like.
Annuity Calculator for Excel comes as an XLS file and requires no installation; all you have to do is open it in Excel. Far from being just a spreadsheet full of numbers, the calculator has an attractive layout and enough explanatory text to give even beginners an idea of what's going on. Users enter their starting principal, annual interest rate, years to pay out, payment frequency, payment type, and annual inflation rate. The workbook then calculates a payout schedule that includes the interest earned, payout amount, balance, and cumulative interest. A second workbook page allows users to solve for annual payment, starting principal, and years to payout. An online Help file offers plenty of instructions and even a demo video. As the workbook's disclaimer mentions, the results are only estimates, and you should consult a qualified professional about any financial decisions.
Still, Annuity Calculator for Excel is an excellent starting point for anyone who wants to see how an annuity might fit into his or her financial future. It's free and easy to use, so it's worth checking out, even if you're just curious.
This Annuity Calculator is a simple spreadsheet by Vertex42.com that is useful for retirement planning. It simulates a situation where a person makes regular withdrawals from an account that is earning interest. The calculations are based on general finance theory, so it might not apply to the various types of "insurance" annuities. However, it can be used to calculate the payout for some types of Immediate Annuities. It also allows you to enter an annual inflation rate to simulate the case where you want to increase the amount that you withdraw each year (to keep up with rising expenses for example). The spreadsheet contains a second worksheet tab (not shown in the screenshot) that can help run some simple calculations to solve for different values. For example, you might want to solve for the Principal (or nest egg) required to allow you to withdraw $2000 per month for 20 years. The formulas are explained in detail on the official author page (see the Help link in the spreadsheet).
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Schedule programs, scripts, and other tasks to start automatica...
- Join the search and discover one of the Mersenne prime numbers.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Use the information provided easier, using less time.
- Perform computationally intensive tasks in an interactive mathe...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great addition to my growing list of Excel workbooks"
Version: Annuity Calculator for Excel 1.1
Easy to use and format which for we Excel users is what we want
None down now and use
It is just of of the 100's of great products listed here at cnet/download.com
And most of them are glich free and easy to setup or download