CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Rovio's Angry Birds is one of the world's most popular video game franchises. Lucasarts' "Star Wars" franchise may be the most successful media empire of all time. Why wouldn't they get together? They have, and the result is Angry Birds Star Wars, perhaps the funniest and most fun installment of the Angry Birds series yet. It's set in an officially licensed take-off of the Star Wars universe, with scenes taken directly from the movies, only with the usual Angry Birds silliness. It's good versus evil: Rebel Angry Birds p.o.'ed by invading Imperial Pigtroopers, whom they are determined to destroy, even if it means catapulting themselves to destruction. Familiar characters from the movie like Han, Luke, and Chewy are rendered as rotund Angry Birds (villains, too).
A scrolling "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" opens Angry Birds Star Wars, followed by the familiar theme music and the scream of TIE fighters. If, like us, you're already thinking, "This is going to be good," let's save you trouble: Can you say "Death Star with a pig snout?" But you have to unlock the Death Star and ice-gripped Hoth by first defeating the Imperial Pigtroopers on your desert home world, Tatooine. Pressing Play produced a series of silly images depicting ridiculously funny (and fun) take-offs on "Star Wars." The game play is like the other Angry Birds game and similar games. Pull, aim, and release a giant slingshot to hurl Rebel birds at increasingly elaborate targets inhabited by the Imperial foe. Knocking down their towers not only defeats the Pigtroopers but earns points to unlock levels.
In its early levels, Angry Birds Star Wars is super-easy to play, thanks in part to a trajectory arc that shows where your shots are going and where they run out of oomph. Elevation plays a crucial role: If you hit your target just right, you can collapse it with a single bird-shot. We knocked down a Pigtrooper tower and cleared the level with our very first shot, and quickly advanced to more challenging levels. May the Force of Angry Birds be with you!
From Rovio Mobile:
What's new in this version: It is a dark time for the Rebellion. Evading the dreaded Imperial Starfleet, a group of freedom fighters has established a new secret base on the remote ice world of Hoth. Unfortunately the evil Darth Vader discovers their hideout, and the desperate Rebel birds must escape the AT-ATs and Pigtroopers hot on their trail. But the Rebels have an ace up their sleeve with the debut of PRINCESS LEIA!
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Play 582 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Defeat evil Bowser and his army of small soldiers.
- Take a spin around three tracks with three car modes.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content