CNET Editors' review
Aml Maple provides users with an instant indication of a text's language. While some users may be confused by its lack of direction, the program will benefit those willing to experiment and learn.
The program will most likely confuse most users. There is not a great deal of direction for Aml Maple and its Help file doesn't do a very good job of explaining this program. However, with some clicking around on the program's icon in the desktop tray, users should get a good enough feel for the product to utilize it. Users who see text written in a language they do not recognize need only perform a few steps to learn its origins. Users must first activate the program by punching in the hot-key combination. Confusingly enough, an American flag (or it can be changed to a British flag) appears next to the text no matter what language is viewed. Users who click on the language will quickly see a small abbreviation for the language. For example English is EN, French FR, Chinese CH, and so on. The program operates quickly, easily and identifies more than a dozen languages. The program doesn't offer many special features, but does give the user a lot of flexibility. With a few button clicks, users can change the hot-key command, change the mouse cursor, and even change the flag.
While it gets off to a rocky start, this freeware program proves to be easy and effective to those who experiment with it for a while.
From Aml Pages:
Aml Maple is a keyboard layout indicator. It is easy to find just look at the typing place or mouse cursor. It is easy to understand, current layout can be indicated with colored symbols or national flag icon.
What's new in this version: Version 3.46 build 553 includes Italian language of user interface.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Installs and configures the optimal Romanian keyboard layout w/...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Insert international characters to your Office 2003 programs.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Convert and switch between languages on your PC.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Type words in Tamil language for your browser.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Place a Caps Lock on or off overlay indicator on your screen.
- Toggle between different language inputs.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Identify and configure your language, keyboard, and regional se...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Type in Hindi using iTrans scheme of transliteration.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Display and manage the Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock sta...
- Get a keyboard layout and caps lock indicator near mouse pointe...
- Place a Scroll Lock state overlay indicator on your screen.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Add the Arabic language to your computer layout.