Altiris Software Virtualization Solution is a revolutionary approach to software management. By placing applications and data into managed units called Virtual Software Packages, Software Virtualization Solution allows you to instantly activate, deactivate or reset applications and to completely avoid conflicts between applications, without altering the base Windows installation.
Stop worrying about .DLL conflicts
Software Virtualization Solution ensures applications use correct files and registry settings, without modifying the OS and without interfering with other applications. The solution allows you to host multiple versions of an application on the same system without conflicts between older and newer files. You can easily activate or deactivate your applications based on need by sending a single command to the client systems.
What's new in this version:
- Eliminate application conflicts
- Instantly repair damaged applications
- Significantly reduce testing time for application rollouts
- On-demand application provisioning
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Secure and manage critical applications.
- Send and receive highly encrypted files from remote FTP servers...
- Anylize the network tracking, recovering, and assigning IP addr...
- Control your applications with multiple features.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Back up your data to secure encrypted offsite servers.
- Enable copy protection for your Visual Basic applications.
- Use distributed services to build, deploy, track, and manage so...
- Administer single or multiple computers of a domain from a remo...
- Allow you to have a PC based Evaoptranspiration (ET) sprinkler ...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Must have program if you install or test..."
Version: Altiris Software Virtualization Solution 6
It keeps programs from gumming up your OS if you like to install and test many different programs.
Easy enough to use, once you get the hang of it... but you may want to find an online guide when you first use it.
I have version 2.1.something, and it is the single most important piece of software I have. It allows me to install programs into a virtual layer that keeps it and it's installed files, dll's, and registry entries, etc... from changing anything on my computer. You can activate or deactivate a layer... and when you're done, you can just delete it - no uninstalling programs.
When I'm looking for a program... for instance, an picture/image program (picasa, irfanview, etc..) I can install them all and test them using Altiris and then I can test them all and decide which one I want to use.
It works great to install programs that may tamper with your computer... spyware, toolbars... and I've even installed and tested codecs for video playback through it, and then deactivated and deleted them if I don't like them.
It's a great program, and I don't know why more people don't know about it.