- Cross-platform -- use the same editor on Windows, Unix and MacOS X.
- Very extensible and configurable
- Mode-specific syntax colouring, configurable with built in support for C/C++, HTML, Java, Tcl, Perl and 40 other modes.
- Exceptionally powerful modes for HTML/CSS, LaTeX/BibTeX, Perl, Matlab, C++, Java, Tcl and Metafont
- File sets - organise your files and deal with sets independently, including operations like printing, ftp-mirroring, version control, archiving, etc.
- Active user community writing additional modes, menus and other plugins,
- Open source, and easily customizable.
- Configurable keyboard mapping
- Contains helpers so you can easily add yet more modes!
- Completely scriptable
- Available either as a set of scripts or as a single standalone executable (or 'starkit')
- Support for unlimited variety of plugins
- Tearoff menus for easy access.
- Automatic backup of files
- Multi-byte (IME) Support
What's new in this version:
- fixed distribution builder to ensure C# mode is included
- cleaned up handling of status-bar popups
- moving up/down vertically preserves horizontal position
- better core-AlphaTcl wordWrap separation - each window now has a 'wrap' setting which can be set through 'setWinInfo wrap
- cleanup of obsolete commands
- better handling of case-(in)sensitivity in keyword colouring
- update to latest AlphaTcl
- more robust regModeKeywords for case-insensitivity
- ... See all new features »