CNET Editors' review
The developers of All-in-One PDF Lite say their research showed that people want a light, fast PDF reader that doesn't hog much in the way of system resources. Ya think? People who have wondered why they need to load some bloated big-name app just to read a product manual can appreciate the thinking behind All-in-One PDF Lite. This freeware opens and displays PDFs with all the standard viewing options, but it doesn't edit or convert files; for that you'll need a full-featured PDF tool, such as the available paid upgrade. But it makes sense to use a small tool like All-in-One as your default PDF editor since you can always open a full-featured tool when you need to create, edit, or convert a PDF.
All-in-One's user interface is a plain and simple affair, which is just what we want to see in an app designed for speed and a small footprint. Under the File menu, we could choose to make the program our default PDF application if we didn't do so during the installation. We opened a variety of PDFs with All-in-One, including some with full-color images. All-in-One opened quickly and displayed each clearly. We could zoom, rotate, search, and bookmark documents and move quickly through multiple pages. The menu bar includes entries labeled Create, Edit, and Convert, but these tools aren't active in the freeware. There's no Help file, but we can't see much need for one since all this program does is display files.
If you're looking for a flyweight alternative to fat acrobats, All-in-One PDF Lite definitely belongs on your short list. And if you boot from an SSD as your "C" drive and run programs from another drive, you'll appreciate not only All-in-One's petite profile but also the ability to install it on any system drive. Most of the time, most users don't need to be opening a large, full-featured PDF tool just to view a document, and All-in-One PDF Lite can do it just as well and much faster.
From 21 Celsius:
All-In-One PDF Lite is a free PDF reader that allows you to view any PDF file. Compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, All-In-One PDF Lite is designed with two primary objectives in mind; speed and reliability. Unlike some other PDF readers out there like Adobe Acrobat, All-In-One PDF Lite is very fast and light and puts little demand on your computer. Our studies have also shown that users are looking for speed and simplicity in their free PDF readers, that's why All-In-One PDF Lite has been designed with your needs in mind. With standard features such as multi-page viewing, support for 1000s of fonts, page zoom and fit options, navigation toolbar, All-In-One PDF Lite is a top PDF viewer. Whether it is a PDF from a website or a friend, we are sure that All-In-One PDF Lite will be the last PDF reader you will ever need. PDF has grown internationally as the most recognized universal document exchange format, people and businesses have been met with the challenge of modifying PDFs. With so many kinds of PDF software out there to choose from, it's no wonder that people become discouraged about which PDF editor or viewer is the best. All-in-One PDF is dedicated to providing the best operation in conjunction with the ultimate value when it comes to PDF editing, creating, and converting. If you are interested in finding out more about our company and our products, please feel free to contact us. Simply download and install, and you will be viewing PDFs easily and confidently. Why waste your time with heavy applications that slow down your system and charge you a price to simply view PDFs? With All-in-One PDF Lite you can view and read PDFs anytime.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Read PDF documents in 3D, convert Word & Excel files to PDF, an...
- View and edit PDF files.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- View PDF files, convert PDF to HTML, PDF to text, and PDF to Wo...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Read and view PDF documents.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Open, display, print of PDF documents, fill and save forms.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Replace the standard Adobe PDF Reader with the nice flip book.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Add Flipping Book on your Web site easily.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- View and digitally sign your PDF documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Edit PDF documents just like using a word processor.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- View and digitally sign your PDF documents.
- Read, create, edit, convert, review, sign and secure PDF docume...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content