CNET Editors' review
The clock that's built into Windows does a decent enough job of telling you what time it is, but it doesn't have any of the extra features that can make clocks exceptionally useful. Alarm Clock-7 is a desktop clock that promises to bring useful features to your desktop, including--of course--alarms. The only problem is that the alarm feature doesn't seem to work.
The program's interface is nothing to get excited about, but it was at least inoffensive, displaying a traditional-style digital clock on our desktop. The clock can be moved and resized, and users can change the background color and style as well. We liked it that Alarm Clock-7 also gives users the option to add the date, day of the week, and seconds display to the clock. Unfortunately, that's where our praise of Alarm Clock-7 ends. We accessed the settings menu by right-clicking on the interface, and we set about scheduling our alarm. At first it wasn't clear whether we were supposed to set the number of hours and minutes in which we wanted the alarm to go off, like a timer, or enter the actual time the alarm was supposed to go off. We tried it both ways, several times, and nothing happened. When we returned to the list of alarms, the one we set was gone. The built-in Help file is written in broken English and provided no assistance. Although Alarm Clock-7 seemed promising with its no-nonsense interface, its central feature doesn't work, and that makes it hard to recommend.
Alarm Clock-7 installs and uninstalls without issues.
Alarm Clock-7 is a like analog seven-segment clock faces with seconds, current date, day of the week, flash delimiter,and shadow. It change background type like solid, soft, gradient, glass and change scale and opaque of the main windows.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Set an alarm for a specific time.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Bring more attraction and productivity to your desktop.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Assign an MP3 or any other audio file as your wake-up alarm.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Get an alarm clock that run applications in an indicated time.
- Schedule musical chimes at desired times, change the display co...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Get reminders at a regular time.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Enhance your desktop with clock which has multiple alarm settin...
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Play a media file as an alarm at specified time.
- Display a customizable digital desktop clock with an alarm syst...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: