CNET Editors' review
Have you ever played a favorite DVD so many times that it started to skip, even with careful handling? DVDs are notoriously prone to skipping when scratched or marred. With today's high-capacity hard drives, why not store copies of your favorite movies and other important DVDs on your PC? It's easy with DVDVideoTool's 123 DVD Clone. With it, you can copy and back up your DVDs to your hard drive with a single click, and burn copies of them, too. It can copy entire discs or just save the main feature, and even split programs. While 123 DVD Clone is shareware, it's free to try, though the trial is limited to five days and seven uses. But that's more than enough time to see if 123 DVD Clone is the tool you'll want to keep around for making copies of all your DVDs for safekeeping. Recent updates include compatibility with Windows 8.
A simple layout with entry fields labeled Source and Target makes 123 DVD Clone easy to use. An Import button next to the Source field let us select a DVD from our player or a previously copied DVD from our hard drive. The Target field works just the same, but in reverse: We could save a copied disc to our hard drive or select our DVD burner to create a copy of a previously copied disc. The Copy Mode section offers three buttons: Whole Disk, Main Movie, and Split DVD-9. Under Output Settings, we could de-select foreign language soundtracks and subtitle data to save space as well as change the disc label and destination. The System Settings include a choice of burning engines. Clicking the question mark icon produced no Help file, unfortunately.
We started with a DVD in our PC's DVD tray. Be patient while 123 DVD Clone analyzes a DVD, as the process can take some time. When all was ready, we pressed the Start button. Copy time is similar to other DVD copiers we've tried. The finished copy played normally on our PC. When you think about the value of your DVD library, 123 DVD Clone offers inexpensive insurance.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of 123 DVD Clone 3.0.6.
With simplified copy and burning capabilities, Airy DVD Clone is ideal for consumers who want a fast, easy way to protect and share their personal DVDs. Simply press one button and you can copy your DVDs to your hard drive or to DVD+R/RW discs.
With Airy DVD Clone, you own the most efficient way to create backup copies of your DVD collection. These working copies allow you to play your DVDs every day without the inevitable risk of getting your originals scratched or damaged. You get disc protection with no loss of playback quality.
What's new in this version: Version 3.1.1 is a bug fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Backup your own favorite DVD movies to DVD or to your PC.
- Copy, clone, backup, rip, convert, shrink or burn your DVDs in ...
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add watermarks to all videos whatever AVI, MP4, FLV, MOV, MPG.
- Add a Web browser plug-in for accessing rich interactive applic...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Take Google's Chrome browser with you on a USB stick.
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Surf the Web with an immersive browser for Windows 7 and Vista.
- Convert your video files to DVD format.
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Connect and share instantly on the worlds most popular IM netwo...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Backup DVD movie in 3 easy steps.
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Compose and publish blog posts for Windows Live Spaces or a num...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Beware of this it installs malware"
Version: Airy DVD Clone 3.1.1
It does make a copy of the DVD like it says it will
It also installs Strongvault and Bing Bar. BingBar hijacked my home page. I had to search on line to find out how to get rid of Strongvault and found others had the same problem. When you try to get rid of it it actually trys to install more on your computer. The solution is to go to Windows FIXIT and that will solve the problem.
Shame on Cnet for not warning of this problemI was mistaken about the Bing Bar what it installs is "WhiteSmoke New Community Toolbar". Now I have to waste time trying to get my home page back and getting rid of WhiteSmoke
Updated on Apr 12, 2013
Updated on Apr 20, 2013Another update! After doing everything I could to get rid of this program I finally had to install some more software just to get rid of the pop up software it installed. I am now using IQmango which is free and works great. If you install it be sure to decline to allow it on your system because it will also upload nasty stuff along with it. After you decline it will proceed to only install the DVD maker without anything else.
"very simple to use. easy to understand"
Version: Airy DVD Clone 3.1.1
Easy to understand, fast, it does what it's supposed to do.
None for me.
Did exactly what it was designed to do... . Thanks for a great and simple product. Easy and clear operation. Very simple to install. Would recommend for copy my home dvds.
"I'm not convinced"
Version: Airy DVD Clone 3.0.5
Easy to install. Easy to use. 1 click to run the process.
Downloaded the free trial (3 days/7 copies) and I was able to copy one DVD. The second DVD I tried, the program hung. I restarted the program and tried again with the same results. I tried a third DVD and the program hung on this one as well. Each time it hangs it uses up a trial copy. Unfortunately, I used all of my trial copies on a program that couldn't find my disc. I looked online for support and the publisher's website sates that additional software is needed to decrypt the DVD. The additional software costs $80. This obviously it not an all in one software for copying DVDs.
I would not recommend this software to anyone. Save your money.
"Good features, efficient and straight forward to use"
Version: Airy DVD Clone 3.0.5
Worked first time on Windows 7 with no problems. This product is the easiest and fastest way to backup your DVD library to other DVD's or just to your hard drive. You can select the entire DVD or just the main movie with the corresponding language and subtitles!!!
None. It's a must have.
One second to set up and copy dvds with one click. Just terrific!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content