CNET Editors' review
AirRadar is a utility that can help you scan for, track information on, and join wireless networks. Like similar apps (some of which are free), AirRadar provides much more information than you'd otherwise get through the Mac OS AirPort status menu. Whether you're testing your signal strength at home or trying to find free Wi-Fi on the road, AirRadar will list all open and closed networks in range, along with information such as signal strength (current, average, and max), type of encryption, MAC address, and channel--and you can also sort networks into smart groups, such as all open networks. AirRadar can keep scanning at any interval you set, automatically join the best open network (or a network of a specified minimum strength), and notify you of new networks in a variety of ways, including through Growl messages and by speaking network names out loud (dorky but neat!). AirRadar also has a Network Assistant that can help choose the best channel for a network.
This basic functionality is more than enough for most users, but you can also have AirRadar provide more than two dozen different pieces of live data for a given network, and even track noise and signal strength in graphs.
From Koingo Software:
Scanning for wireless networks is now easier and more personalized. AirRadar allows you to scan for open networks and tag them as favourites or filter them out. View detailed network information, graph network signal strength, and automatically join the best open network in range. Whether you are driving around looking for wireless networks, stuck in traffic, sitting on the beach, or if you are curious how strong your wireless signal is at home, AirRadar provides a more linear approach to network hunting. Setup a scan frequency, and have new open or closed networks have their name spoken, play alerts, or display notifications. Various other options allow you to customize your network list further, including assigning colors to best open networks and sound cues. Download it today, and take the hardship out of getting an internet connection at a critical time.
What's new in this version: Fixed a crash bug removing columns via the menubar which appeared more than once.
More Products to Consider
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Turn your iPhone or iPad, iPod touch into a wireless trackpad a...
- Display all the computers which are connected to your system.
- Remote control your PC or Mac over the Web, stay connected no m...
- Fix the connection problems when you want to use the Cisco VPN ...
- Share your desktop with another person via the Web.
- Include server media to your PlayStation 3 over your network.
- Access multiple PCs remotely from one machine.
- Connect to the SoftEther multi-protocol VPN Server.
- Replace your Network Interface Card's Media Access Control (MAC...
All versions:2.6 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content