CNET Editors' review
Ainishare Free Video Editor gives you most of the features you'd want in an editor, but its free version comes with some nasty add-on programs. In spite of that, this video editor is relatively easy to use and will be a great tool for amateur video editors.
We ran into five different add-on programs while installing Ainishare Free Video Editor and each one threatened to hijack our browser and home page, so be careful when you're installing. On the bright side, the program's layout is straightforward and will make rookies feel welcome, especially its opening menu, which took us directly to any one of the editor's features. Even though it doesn't really offer anything unique, the program gives you most of the features you'd want in a video editor. We can't complain about its performance, either. It quickly loads both SD and HD videos, can chop off parts of a video, crop the screen into a new resolution, and even add a watermark to your video with ease. Every video format we tested with Ainishare worked like a charm, so it's safe to say you'll be able to use it no matter what video type you're trying to edit. The program even includes a dozen or so filters that you can use to give your video the perfect look.
While the program doesn't offer too many features, which may make some power users balk, all of the features it does offer work well enough and are remarkably easy to use. That makes Ainishare Free Video Editor a fantastic program if you need to edit a video right now but don't know where to start. The only downside are the add-on programs.
From Ainishare Software:
Free Video Editor is the comprehensive and easy way to take your video footage from shoot to show as your wish on Windows. Quickly load, organize and trim SD or HD video clips, cut together your production or split to segments to get creative and customized brand new videos. Almost all popular video formats are applicable, including AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, FLV, MKV, H.264/MPEG-4, DivX, XviD, MOV, RMVB, ASF, 3GP, DVH.264/MPEG-4 AVC (*.mp4), MPEG2 HD Video (*.mpg; *.mpeg).
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Capture, convert, and consume movies, music and photos for the ...
- Cut, convert, edit, and produce your home videos.
- Converts AVI MPEG MP4 to video formats.
- Join multiple video files of all popular formats to a single vi...
- Play, cut, convert, and join all your audio, videos, and pictur...
- Create and convert video to DVD with quality.
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
- Create movies from camcorder videos and common videos.
- Watch, download, and convert your favorite videos, movies and m...
- Split or merge video files.
- Burn, copy, write and erase your DVD / CD.
- View BBC Robot Wars Videos on your Windows 8 device.
- Cut video files into small pieces with ease.
All versions:2.5 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Finally! A Free Video Joiner That Works!"
Version: Ainishare Free Video Editor 2.8
Video maintains high quality
Audio is synced throughout
Completely Free, not a trial version or marred with a watermark
Does not increase file size
Reasonable processing time
One instance of pixelation out of three otherwise flawless joinings
Easy to use, easy to install, and but for one instance, flawless joining. I used it to join my rips of all three Lord of the Rings - Extended Edition films for playback on my iPad 3. It maintained the video/audio quality of the original mp4 files.I forgot to mention, as with all free programs, do the Custom install and decline everything. That'll keep your computer adware free
I only had a slight moment of pixelization at the joining of one movie, but that could have been due to my using the PC at the time. My other two joinings were perfect. I may redo it at another time since it was so minor. I know I won't be satisfied unless I do.
Updated on Feb 1, 2014
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content