Aginity is a Greenplum Solution Provider partner. The Workbench was born out of our need for specific tools to support our extensive experience developing large systems on the Greenplum appliance. Workbench offers features unique among other similar products, including: One-click access to distribution information, including unclaimed, deleted records, and the graphic display provides easy visualization of where problems exist on a node-by-node basis. Reclaim functionality allowing developers to truly recover server space occupied by deleted records and free up storage space for other uses. Additional DDL enabling developers to view and alter table and add field comments. Users also can compare varying database schemas - including data dictionaries - for differences and generate delta scripts. Most of these DDL functions are menu driven for greater efficiency. Reverse engineering capability that allows developers to generate DDL scripts from an existing Greenplum databases. In addition to its industry-leading capabilities, the Aginity Greenplum Workbench also includes functionality no such offering can be without, including: Freeform SQL + One-click scripting for database objects using a SQL editor or Windows clipboard. List display of internal and external tables and management views + Query execution from a SQL file, similar to standard IDE-like Start/Stop/Pause/Restart, Step + Over and Run to Cursor.
What's new in this version:
2013-04 Release 4.0
- Database grouping in the object tree
- Workbench internal parameters for the query text, the number of rows affected by a query and various meta information related to the target connection
- Support for SQL parameters in unattended (command line) mode
- Logged execution (Query / Execute with Tracing)
- SQL auto-complete
- UI editor for building Workbench command line visually
- Load testing functionality (Tools...
See all new features »