CNET Editors' review
This spyware remover looks good, offering security fundamentals but its efficacy is hard to judge on a clean or already-secure system. Advanced System Protector aims to rid your machine of spyware and malware, and it's generally a pretty thing to watch. The interface has a classy bar of tabs across the top, although the central pane feels a bit cluttered by deviating from the design scheme with a big, green Start Scan Now button.
Below that there are three choices for the type of scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. The Quick scan took about 23 minutes, while the Custom scan lets you opt out of Cookies, Memory, Registry, and Files and Folders, or select specific folders and files to toss in the pot. Advanced System Protector is sensitive enough to pick up tracking cookies, although there didn't seem to be a method for fine-tuning that. The scheduler was surprisingly impressive, allowing for scans daily, once, and variations in-between. You can configure the program to run at startup, to update definition files automatically, and create a whitelist of files to never scan.
However, Advanced System Protector lacks an integrated antivirus component, which more and more solo malware battlers are now building in from the get-go. The real-time shields components are also kept behind a deadbolt unless you upgrade to the paid version. Overall, program runs well for what it can do and shouldn't be hard to use.
Advanced System Protector is a solution to detect and remove the malicious programs intruding your computer. It offers protection against deceptive applications that affect start-up programs, cookies, Registry entries, and files and folders to hide themselves in your system. Check for infections in all vulnerable areas and safeguard your hard work and personal data. With the vast database of malware detections you can efficiently control low-risk annoying pop-up adverts to high-risk infections that can steal confidential data to severe-risk malware that can even format your system in stealth mode. Advanced System Protector scans for spyware, adware, malware, riskware, key loggers, trojans, sniffers, BHOs, exploits, worms, and monitoring programs. It tracks all the infections present on your system, shows severity of every infection found, removes all the malicious entries and protects your data from prying eyes. It further provides complete protection by blocking the programs you suspect.
What's new in this version: Version 184.108.40.206 features improved update installation speed and database loading speed with better detections.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Monitor, filter, and control all computer activities of your ch...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect folders, hide files, lock applications, and restrict ac...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your online privacy by cleaning up Internet history and...
- Keep your PC protected from all Internet threats, never slowing...
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 131 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Advanced System Protector 220.127.116.11
No doubt about the ease of use. The new tweak "Windows Settings" is something of gr8 use.
scanning takes time sometimes...
Using it since quite a long time new additions and improvements make it better.Especially the "Windows Settings".
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content